Taco Bell does not want you to miss out on your Angel Pagan free taco

Oct 30, 2012, 4:31 PM EST

Those Taco Bell commercials during the World Series would have you believe that the sole purpose for Angel Pagan stealing second base in Game 2 was so that you could get a free Doritos Locos taco today as a result of their Steal a Base, Steal a Taco promotion. It was THAT important to him.

Thankfully, Taco Bell really does have a handle on what’s important today — for much of the east coast, cleaning up, bailing out and assessing damage from Sandy — so they’re giving you more time to get your Pagan Taco:

source:

A free taco doesn’t matter at all about anything, but I guess that’s pretty cool.

1. bayarea510 - Oct 30, 2012 at 4:45 PM

In other news if you live in the Bay Area you are in luck! Taco Bell is forcing Angel Pagan to pass out free tacos at the Drive Thru Window at their Redwood City location on El Camino.

• thomas2727 - Oct 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM

In other news I heard the Walgreens down the street is forcing Gregor Blanco to pass out bottles of Pepto Bismol.

2. Detroit Michael - Oct 30, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I’m guessing the lines will be too long to want to get a free taco. Your mileage may vary.

3. El Bravo - Oct 30, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Anal leakage.

• mrwillie - Oct 30, 2012 at 5:03 PM

You mind getting out of the hot tub Bob?

4. hansob - Oct 30, 2012 at 5:10 PM

It’s about time someone decided to “reward America” for a stolen base in the World Series. We give and give.

5. frenchysplatediscipline - Oct 30, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Pagan tacos?!?!

Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell will not be amused…

• chumthumper - Oct 31, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Don’t think Jerry will care since he’s been dead several years.

6. historiophiliac - Oct 30, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I do feel a little guilty today enjoying our 73* and sunny weather when I have friends back east in cold and unpleasant conditions without power. In my thoughts, guys.

7. dowhatifeellike - Oct 30, 2012 at 6:25 PM

You say “free taco” but all I hear is “free laxative”.

8. albertmn - Oct 30, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Even for free, that costs too much for me to want to eat one of them. Their food all tastes horrible.

• Old Gator - Oct 30, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Had your sodium rush today?

• rollinghighwayblues - Oct 31, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I refuse Taco Bell at almost anytime but after a case of beer, I swear, three combo burritos with exponential “fire”
      sauce” is the world’s best trick to satisfy a hangover and overall drunk hunger. I mean, you’ll probably hit the toilet running around 10am but the satisfaction of midnight “meal” from Taco Bell can work wonders.*

*eat at your own discretion

9. dowhatifeellike - Oct 31, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I don’t even understand why we have Taco Bell locations in Colorado. There’s so much good, authentic Mexican food here and it only costs a little bit more.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (5572)
  2. M. Kemp (3188)
  3. C. McGehee (2969)
  4. W. Middlebrooks (2965)
  5. J. Upton (2916)