Oct 30, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
That’s the report from Dave O’Brien of the AJC, who says the Braves have contacted Ross’ agent in an effort to get a deal done quickly.
And they likely need to, as starting catcher Brian McCann faces a strong likelihood of not being ready for the start of the season. And given that Ross, who has been the best backup catcher in baseball for several seasons, could very likely have several offers thrown his way if he’s still on the market come Saturday.
Since originally signing with the Braves before the 2009 season, Ross has hit .269/.353/.463 with 24 homers and 94 RBI in 663 plate appearances.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)