Oct 30, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
That’s the report from Dave O’Brien of the AJC, who says the Braves have contacted Ross’ agent in an effort to get a deal done quickly.
And they likely need to, as starting catcher Brian McCann faces a strong likelihood of not being ready for the start of the season. And given that Ross, who has been the best backup catcher in baseball for several seasons, could very likely have several offers thrown his way if he’s still on the market come Saturday.
Since originally signing with the Braves before the 2009 season, Ross has hit .269/.353/.463 with 24 homers and 94 RBI in 663 plate appearances.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 40
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)