Oct 30, 2012, 9:14 AM EDT
Back in June the Dodgers made a commitment to Andre Ethier in the form of a five-year $85 million extension. But when it comes to commitments they’re not fanatics about it, baby:
Sources: Dodgers are open to the idea of dealing Andre Ethier. He signed a five-year, $85 million contract during the season.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 30, 2012
It’s hard to picture what kind of trade could actually happen given Ethier’s age, his recent injury history and the widely-held perception that L.A. overpaid him. And as Matthew noted last June, his list of similar players is somewhat frightening.
A reminder for those who forgot what the offseason is like: everyone gets talked about in some way, shape or form eventually. This just happens to be Andre Ethier’s turn. A trade would be quite surprising.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)