Oct 30, 2012, 9:14 AM EST
Back in June the Dodgers made a commitment to Andre Ethier in the form of a five-year $85 million extension. But when it comes to commitments they’re not fanatics about it, baby:
Sources: Dodgers are open to the idea of dealing Andre Ethier. He signed a five-year, $85 million contract during the season.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 30, 2012
It’s hard to picture what kind of trade could actually happen given Ethier’s age, his recent injury history and the widely-held perception that L.A. overpaid him. And as Matthew noted last June, his list of similar players is somewhat frightening.
A reminder for those who forgot what the offseason is like: everyone gets talked about in some way, shape or form eventually. This just happens to be Andre Ethier’s turn. A trade would be quite surprising.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 99
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 38
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 366
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (366)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (98)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (83)