Oct 30, 2012, 9:14 AM EST
Back in June the Dodgers made a commitment to Andre Ethier in the form of a five-year $85 million extension. But when it comes to commitments they’re not fanatics about it, baby:
Sources: Dodgers are open to the idea of dealing Andre Ethier. He signed a five-year, $85 million contract during the season.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 30, 2012
It’s hard to picture what kind of trade could actually happen given Ethier’s age, his recent injury history and the widely-held perception that L.A. overpaid him. And as Matthew noted last June, his list of similar players is somewhat frightening.
A reminder for those who forgot what the offseason is like: everyone gets talked about in some way, shape or form eventually. This just happens to be Andre Ethier’s turn. A trade would be quite surprising.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15