Oct 30, 2012, 9:14 AM EDT
Back in June the Dodgers made a commitment to Andre Ethier in the form of a five-year $85 million extension. But when it comes to commitments they’re not fanatics about it, baby:
Sources: Dodgers are open to the idea of dealing Andre Ethier. He signed a five-year, $85 million contract during the season.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 30, 2012
It’s hard to picture what kind of trade could actually happen given Ethier’s age, his recent injury history and the widely-held perception that L.A. overpaid him. And as Matthew noted last June, his list of similar players is somewhat frightening.
A reminder for those who forgot what the offseason is like: everyone gets talked about in some way, shape or form eventually. This just happens to be Andre Ethier’s turn. A trade would be quite surprising.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)