Oct 30, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
I do not know who Takuya Tsuchida is beyond the fact that he’s an 18 year-old Japanese outfielder, but the Indians have signed him, reports Paul Hoynes. Hoynes says he’s “a left-handed hitter with speed and athleticism, who can play several positions,” including center field and second base.
The Indians don’t have a need for a center fielder or second with Michael Brantley and Jason Kipnis around, but the kid is 18 so it’s not like there isn’t a ton of time to see if and where he can play. Hoynes says the Indians will probably keep him in extended spring training after the Tribe breaks camp in Goodyear.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (98)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)