Oct 30, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
I do not know who Takuya Tsuchida is beyond the fact that he’s an 18 year-old Japanese outfielder, but the Indians have signed him, reports Paul Hoynes. Hoynes says he’s “a left-handed hitter with speed and athleticism, who can play several positions,” including center field and second base.
The Indians don’t have a need for a center fielder or second with Michael Brantley and Jason Kipnis around, but the kid is 18 so it’s not like there isn’t a ton of time to see if and where he can play. Hoynes says the Indians will probably keep him in extended spring training after the Tribe breaks camp in Goodyear.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 52
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (265)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)