Oct 30, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
I do not know who Takuya Tsuchida is beyond the fact that he’s an 18 year-old Japanese outfielder, but the Indians have signed him, reports Paul Hoynes. Hoynes says he’s “a left-handed hitter with speed and athleticism, who can play several positions,” including center field and second base.
The Indians don’t have a need for a center fielder or second with Michael Brantley and Jason Kipnis around, but the kid is 18 so it’s not like there isn’t a ton of time to see if and where he can play. Hoynes says the Indians will probably keep him in extended spring training after the Tribe breaks camp in Goodyear.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 10
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 50
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)