Oct 30, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
I do not know who Takuya Tsuchida is beyond the fact that he’s an 18 year-old Japanese outfielder, but the Indians have signed him, reports Paul Hoynes. Hoynes says he’s “a left-handed hitter with speed and athleticism, who can play several positions,” including center field and second base.
The Indians don’t have a need for a center fielder or second with Michael Brantley and Jason Kipnis around, but the kid is 18 so it’s not like there isn’t a ton of time to see if and where he can play. Hoynes says the Indians will probably keep him in extended spring training after the Tribe breaks camp in Goodyear.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)