Oct 30, 2012, 3:32 PM EDT
ESPN Dallas has the details of multiple renovations at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington this winter. Most are about amenities and concessions and things. This one will influence some baseball:
The dugouts are coming out toward the field by about three more feet. That’s going to give players and coaches more room to move around in there, but will also decrease the foul territory. It will be 42 feelt, six inches from the front of the inside camera bays to the foul lines. It also means a smaller foul area (by about three feet) in front of the dugouts.
It’s already a hitter-friendly park with scant foul territory, and now it’s even smaller.
In other news, they’re changing the name of some club dining place. It used to be named after tequila. Now it’s named after a credit card company. So there will be a net loss of funs at the place next year too.
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 57
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 36
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)