Oct 30, 2012, 3:32 PM EDT
ESPN Dallas has the details of multiple renovations at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington this winter. Most are about amenities and concessions and things. This one will influence some baseball:
The dugouts are coming out toward the field by about three more feet. That’s going to give players and coaches more room to move around in there, but will also decrease the foul territory. It will be 42 feelt, six inches from the front of the inside camera bays to the foul lines. It also means a smaller foul area (by about three feet) in front of the dugouts.
It’s already a hitter-friendly park with scant foul territory, and now it’s even smaller.
In other news, they’re changing the name of some club dining place. It used to be named after tequila. Now it’s named after a credit card company. So there will be a net loss of funs at the place next year too.
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)