Oct 30, 2012, 3:32 PM EDT
ESPN Dallas has the details of multiple renovations at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington this winter. Most are about amenities and concessions and things. This one will influence some baseball:
The dugouts are coming out toward the field by about three more feet. That’s going to give players and coaches more room to move around in there, but will also decrease the foul territory. It will be 42 feelt, six inches from the front of the inside camera bays to the foul lines. It also means a smaller foul area (by about three feet) in front of the dugouts.
It’s already a hitter-friendly park with scant foul territory, and now it’s even smaller.
In other news, they’re changing the name of some club dining place. It used to be named after tequila. Now it’s named after a credit card company. So there will be a net loss of funs at the place next year too.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 29
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 13
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)