Oct 30, 2012, 3:32 PM EST
ESPN Dallas has the details of multiple renovations at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington this winter. Most are about amenities and concessions and things. This one will influence some baseball:
The dugouts are coming out toward the field by about three more feet. That’s going to give players and coaches more room to move around in there, but will also decrease the foul territory. It will be 42 feelt, six inches from the front of the inside camera bays to the foul lines. It also means a smaller foul area (by about three feet) in front of the dugouts.
It’s already a hitter-friendly park with scant foul territory, and now it’s even smaller.
In other news, they’re changing the name of some club dining place. It used to be named after tequila. Now it’s named after a credit card company. So there will be a net loss of funs at the place next year too.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 22
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 23
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (82)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)