Oct 30, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Peralta is coming off one of his worst seasons, hitting just .239 with 13 homers and a .689 OPS in 150 games, but with the free agent shortstop market looking pretty barren bringing him back for $6 million at age 31 was an easy call.
Dotel is 38 years old, but showed little sign of slowing down this season with a 3.57 ERA in 58 innings while striking out more than a batter per inning for the 13th time in 14 seasons. He’ll make $3.5 million in 2013, which is more or less the going rate for a setup man, and the well-traveled Dotel gets to stay with the same team in back-to-back seasons for the first time since 2008-2009.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)