Oct 30, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Peralta is coming off one of his worst seasons, hitting just .239 with 13 homers and a .689 OPS in 150 games, but with the free agent shortstop market looking pretty barren bringing him back for $6 million at age 31 was an easy call.
Dotel is 38 years old, but showed little sign of slowing down this season with a 3.57 ERA in 58 innings while striking out more than a batter per inning for the 13th time in 14 seasons. He’ll make $3.5 million in 2013, which is more or less the going rate for a setup man, and the well-traveled Dotel gets to stay with the same team in back-to-back seasons for the first time since 2008-2009.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 0
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 3
- The beauty of belief 30
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 36
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 74
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)