Oct 30, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Peralta is coming off one of his worst seasons, hitting just .239 with 13 homers and a .689 OPS in 150 games, but with the free agent shortstop market looking pretty barren bringing him back for $6 million at age 31 was an easy call.
Dotel is 38 years old, but showed little sign of slowing down this season with a 3.57 ERA in 58 innings while striking out more than a batter per inning for the 13th time in 14 seasons. He’ll make $3.5 million in 2013, which is more or less the going rate for a setup man, and the well-traveled Dotel gets to stay with the same team in back-to-back seasons for the first time since 2008-2009.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 36
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (104)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)