Two reasons for Tigers fans to be happy

Oct 30, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT

They come in form of tweets:

I can already feel the anxiety level of Tigers fans receding.

Lott further reports that the Tigers are going to make every effort to keep Anibal Sanchez and that while they have not closed the door on Gerald Laird as their backup catcher, GM Dave Dombrowski anticipates that he’ll want more money and playing time than the Tigers can offer and that he should shop around.

1. cur68 - Oct 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I liked Valverde. He did funny things. He made me laugh. Mind you he’s not the closer on MY team, so maybe no one should listen to me if they call the Tigers their boys. Anyhow, I wish Jose well. Good luck to him and I hope to see him do his amusing things for some other team come 2013.

• historiophiliac - Oct 30, 2012 at 2:00 PM

He was a lot of fun…up until The End.

2. fusionix7 - Oct 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Awesome. With the addition of a healthy Victor I think the offense might actually be consistent. He seemed to be a bigger loss than expected.

If Anibal enjoyed his time here he will stay. If there is one thing we’ve learned is Illitch won’t be shy about opening the wallet.

3. xjokerz - Oct 30, 2012 at 1:52 PM

” i liked Valverde ” maybe a year ago,….. hopefully the tigers have learned from their mistakes… STOP SIGNING BIG NAME CLOSERS AND START HOME GROWING PITCHERS

• dirtfrompeedysuniform - Oct 30, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Like Romo & Wilson

• philliesblow - Oct 30, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I’d like to see the Tigers give Alburquerque a shot at closing. And if the opposition has a lefty heavy order in the 9th then use Coke.

4. legacybroken - Oct 30, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Hopefully we employ a Joe Maddon approach to relievers instead of overspending on homerun prone “closers”

5. philliesblow - Oct 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Craig – The tweets you reference are from Chris Iott, not Lott.

6. ptfu - Oct 30, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Detroit-area cardiologists can rejoice now that their patients will be free of Valverde-inspired heart attacks.

7. gosuhgo - Oct 30, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I don’t see why Sanchez would leave. I’m sure he’s not thinking “boy, these guys can only make it to the World Series and not win it? I’m outta here.”

8. danielcp0303 - Oct 31, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Valverde throws the ball straight and it’s easy to catch up to, kind of surprised he’s lasted this long as a closer.

9. butlers91 - Nov 1, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I’ll miss Delmon, he was rock solid in the playoffs for us.

All the trade deadline news to know