Oct 31, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Giants center fielder Angel Pagan provided free tacos for the whole country by stealing second base in Game 2 of the World Series as part of a Taco Bell promotion.
Yesterday was the day for everyone to come claim their tacos and Pagan spent the afternoon hanging out at a Taco Bell in Redwood City, California, where he worked the drive-thru window, made the tacos, and helped give them away.
An actual Pagan quote from the above video: “I feel happy that I brought everyone together in the United States and it’s a great moment for all America.”
And there’s some good news: If you missed out on the “great moment for all America” yesterday you can, you know, just buy a taco today for like a dollar.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 26
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 5
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)