Oct 31, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
Giants center fielder Angel Pagan provided free tacos for the whole country by stealing second base in Game 2 of the World Series as part of a Taco Bell promotion.
Yesterday was the day for everyone to come claim their tacos and Pagan spent the afternoon hanging out at a Taco Bell in Redwood City, California, where he worked the drive-thru window, made the tacos, and helped give them away.
An actual Pagan quote from the above video: “I feel happy that I brought everyone together in the United States and it’s a great moment for all America.”
And there’s some good news: If you missed out on the “great moment for all America” yesterday you can, you know, just buy a taco today for like a dollar.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 170
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (172)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)