Oct 31, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Giants center fielder Angel Pagan provided free tacos for the whole country by stealing second base in Game 2 of the World Series as part of a Taco Bell promotion.
Yesterday was the day for everyone to come claim their tacos and Pagan spent the afternoon hanging out at a Taco Bell in Redwood City, California, where he worked the drive-thru window, made the tacos, and helped give them away.
An actual Pagan quote from the above video: “I feel happy that I brought everyone together in the United States and it’s a great moment for all America.”
And there’s some good news: If you missed out on the “great moment for all America” yesterday you can, you know, just buy a taco today for like a dollar.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (353)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (194)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)