Oct 31, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Giants center fielder Angel Pagan provided free tacos for the whole country by stealing second base in Game 2 of the World Series as part of a Taco Bell promotion.
Yesterday was the day for everyone to come claim their tacos and Pagan spent the afternoon hanging out at a Taco Bell in Redwood City, California, where he worked the drive-thru window, made the tacos, and helped give them away.
An actual Pagan quote from the above video: “I feel happy that I brought everyone together in the United States and it’s a great moment for all America.”
And there’s some good news: If you missed out on the “great moment for all America” yesterday you can, you know, just buy a taco today for like a dollar.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 27
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)