Oct 31, 2012, 6:27 PM EST
But that apparently won’t be happening.
According to beat writer Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com, the Blue Jays exercised Oliver’s $3 million club option on Wednesday. They also re-signed outfielder Rajai Davis to a one-year, $2.5 million deal after declining his $3 million option.
Oliver posted an impressive 2.06 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 52/15 K/BB ratio in 56 2/3 innings this summer for Toronto.
The 42-year-old will serve as a middle reliever again next season.
Davis, 32, batted .257/.309/.378 this year with 64 runs and 46 steals in 142 games played.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 1
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 17
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 44
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)