Oct 31, 2012, 6:27 PM EDT
But that apparently won’t be happening.
According to beat writer Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com, the Blue Jays exercised Oliver’s $3 million club option on Wednesday. They also re-signed outfielder Rajai Davis to a one-year, $2.5 million deal after declining his $3 million option.
Oliver posted an impressive 2.06 ERA, 1.02 WHIP and 52/15 K/BB ratio in 56 2/3 innings this summer for Toronto.
The 42-year-old will serve as a middle reliever again next season.
Davis, 32, batted .257/.309/.378 this year with 64 runs and 46 steals in 142 games played.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 5
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 44
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 107
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (83)