Oct 31, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Bryan Price interviewed to replace Ozzie Guillen as Marlins manager last week, but John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that the Reds pitching coach has now withdrawn his name from consideration.
He’ll remain in Cincinnati after previously signing a contract extension with the Reds.
Meanwhile, according to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald the Marlins aren’t finished interviewing candidates and plan to bring in some other options in addition to Mike Redmond and Larry Bowa. Brad Ausmus already turned down a chance to interview for the job and Spencer speculates that Redmond is the current favorite.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)