Oct 31, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Bryan Price interviewed to replace Ozzie Guillen as Marlins manager last week, but John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that the Reds pitching coach has now withdrawn his name from consideration.
He’ll remain in Cincinnati after previously signing a contract extension with the Reds.
Meanwhile, according to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald the Marlins aren’t finished interviewing candidates and plan to bring in some other options in addition to Mike Redmond and Larry Bowa. Brad Ausmus already turned down a chance to interview for the job and Spencer speculates that Redmond is the current favorite.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)