Oct 31, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
Arizona is also making moves this evening.
Blanco appeared in only 21 games this season because of a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb and batted just .188/.224/.281 with one home run and seven RBI in 67 plate appearances while healthy.
The D’Backs will try to find a more reliable backup for Miguel Montero this winter.
Lindstrom, 32, posted a stellar 2.68 ERA in 46 relief appearances this past summer between the Orioles and Snakes, fanning 40 batters and issuing only 14 walks in 47 innings. It’s probably worth noting that right-hander Heath Bell — acquired via trade earlier this month from the Marlins — had a 5.09 ERA in 63 2/3 innings this year in Miami and will be paid $13 million by the Diamondbacks over the next two seasons. Weird.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 4
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 12
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 23
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)