Oct 31, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
Arizona is also making moves this evening.
Blanco appeared in only 21 games this season because of a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb and batted just .188/.224/.281 with one home run and seven RBI in 67 plate appearances while healthy.
The D’Backs will try to find a more reliable backup for Miguel Montero this winter.
Lindstrom, 32, posted a stellar 2.68 ERA in 46 relief appearances this past summer between the Orioles and Snakes, fanning 40 batters and issuing only 14 walks in 47 innings. It’s probably worth noting that right-hander Heath Bell — acquired via trade earlier this month from the Marlins — had a 5.09 ERA in 63 2/3 innings this year in Miami and will be paid $13 million by the Diamondbacks over the next two seasons. Weird.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)