Oct 31, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
Arizona is also making moves this evening.
Blanco appeared in only 21 games this season because of a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb and batted just .188/.224/.281 with one home run and seven RBI in 67 plate appearances while healthy.
The D’Backs will try to find a more reliable backup for Miguel Montero this winter.
Lindstrom, 32, posted a stellar 2.68 ERA in 46 relief appearances this past summer between the Orioles and Snakes, fanning 40 batters and issuing only 14 walks in 47 innings. It’s probably worth noting that right-hander Heath Bell — acquired via trade earlier this month from the Marlins — had a 5.09 ERA in 63 2/3 innings this year in Miami and will be paid $13 million by the Diamondbacks over the next two seasons. Weird.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 11
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 16
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)