Oct 31, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
This column from Ray McNulty of the T.C. Palm in Florida is so chock full o’ stupid that it defies block quoting. But know that Mr. McNulty believes the following:
- The Giants are not deserving of World Series congratulations because Melky Cabrera tested positive for PEDs, and that justifies us questioning “the legitimacy” of the championship;
- “His season was a fraud. He cheated. That’s shameful,” and “the Giants — knowingly or unknowingly — reaped the rewards of his cheating.” He adds: “That’s not right. It’s not fair.”
- The Giants probably did know he was cheating or else they wouldn’t have traded for Hunter Pence in July;
- This is even worse since it’s the Giants, because Barry Bonds played for them and several Giants players were mentioned in the Mitchell Report. Five years ago.
- Bud Selig should act in the best interests of baseball and disqualify teams from playoff consideration if they have PED users on the team.
Because that’s workable.
Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you’re going to seriously question the legitimacy of the Giants championship, you need to account for the fact that the Giants were up by one game in the standings on the day Cabrera was suspended yet somehow ended up winning the division by eight games.
Wait, let me guess: once their criminal conspiracy was finally uncovered all of the stress of their deceit ended, thereby allowing them to loosen up and play better?
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 13
- Apparently MLB is going to ignore Alex Sanabia throwing a spitball 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 60
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 22
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 6
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (105)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2