Oct 31, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
This column from Ray McNulty of the T.C. Palm in Florida is so chock full o’ stupid that it defies block quoting. But know that Mr. McNulty believes the following:
- The Giants are not deserving of World Series congratulations because Melky Cabrera tested positive for PEDs, and that justifies us questioning “the legitimacy” of the championship;
- “His season was a fraud. He cheated. That’s shameful,” and “the Giants — knowingly or unknowingly — reaped the rewards of his cheating.” He adds: “That’s not right. It’s not fair.”
- The Giants probably did know he was cheating or else they wouldn’t have traded for Hunter Pence in July;
- This is even worse since it’s the Giants, because Barry Bonds played for them and several Giants players were mentioned in the Mitchell Report. Five years ago.
- Bud Selig should act in the best interests of baseball and disqualify teams from playoff consideration if they have PED users on the team.
Because that’s workable.
Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you’re going to seriously question the legitimacy of the Giants championship, you need to account for the fact that the Giants were up by one game in the standings on the day Cabrera was suspended yet somehow ended up winning the division by eight games.
Wait, let me guess: once their criminal conspiracy was finally uncovered all of the stress of their deceit ended, thereby allowing them to loosen up and play better?
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 21
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 16
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)