Oct 31, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
This column from Ray McNulty of the T.C. Palm in Florida is so chock full o’ stupid that it defies block quoting. But know that Mr. McNulty believes the following:
- The Giants are not deserving of World Series congratulations because Melky Cabrera tested positive for PEDs, and that justifies us questioning “the legitimacy” of the championship;
- “His season was a fraud. He cheated. That’s shameful,” and “the Giants — knowingly or unknowingly — reaped the rewards of his cheating.” He adds: “That’s not right. It’s not fair.”
- The Giants probably did know he was cheating or else they wouldn’t have traded for Hunter Pence in July;
- This is even worse since it’s the Giants, because Barry Bonds played for them and several Giants players were mentioned in the Mitchell Report. Five years ago.
- Bud Selig should act in the best interests of baseball and disqualify teams from playoff consideration if they have PED users on the team.
Because that’s workable.
Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you’re going to seriously question the legitimacy of the Giants championship, you need to account for the fact that the Giants were up by one game in the standings on the day Cabrera was suspended yet somehow ended up winning the division by eight games.
Wait, let me guess: once their criminal conspiracy was finally uncovered all of the stress of their deceit ended, thereby allowing them to loosen up and play better?
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 2
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 80
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (80)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)