Oct 31, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
This column from Ray McNulty of the T.C. Palm in Florida is so chock full o’ stupid that it defies block quoting. But know that Mr. McNulty believes the following:
- The Giants are not deserving of World Series congratulations because Melky Cabrera tested positive for PEDs, and that justifies us questioning “the legitimacy” of the championship;
- “His season was a fraud. He cheated. That’s shameful,” and “the Giants — knowingly or unknowingly — reaped the rewards of his cheating.” He adds: “That’s not right. It’s not fair.”
- The Giants probably did know he was cheating or else they wouldn’t have traded for Hunter Pence in July;
- This is even worse since it’s the Giants, because Barry Bonds played for them and several Giants players were mentioned in the Mitchell Report. Five years ago.
- Bud Selig should act in the best interests of baseball and disqualify teams from playoff consideration if they have PED users on the team.
Because that’s workable.
Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you’re going to seriously question the legitimacy of the Giants championship, you need to account for the fact that the Giants were up by one game in the standings on the day Cabrera was suspended yet somehow ended up winning the division by eight games.
Wait, let me guess: once their criminal conspiracy was finally uncovered all of the stress of their deceit ended, thereby allowing them to loosen up and play better?
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)