Nov 1, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
First, discussions between Wright’s agents — Sam and Seth Levinson — and the Mets have been slow and grinding. Most negotiations with the Mets usually plod along, but the Mets also have shown the same cavalier attitude they demonstrated during the failed Jose Reyes negotiations in 2011. Not a good sign.
No, it’s not. But I’ll retain my optimism that Wright and the Mets will reach a deal unless and until I hear that the talks have grown haughty, snooty and supercilious. If things grow mordant, obstreperous, opprobrious or truculent, however, all bets are off.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 74
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)