Nov 1, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
First, discussions between Wright’s agents — Sam and Seth Levinson — and the Mets have been slow and grinding. Most negotiations with the Mets usually plod along, but the Mets also have shown the same cavalier attitude they demonstrated during the failed Jose Reyes negotiations in 2011. Not a good sign.
No, it’s not. But I’ll retain my optimism that Wright and the Mets will reach a deal unless and until I hear that the talks have grown haughty, snooty and supercilious. If things grow mordant, obstreperous, opprobrious or truculent, however, all bets are off.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)