Nov 1, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
First, discussions between Wright’s agents — Sam and Seth Levinson — and the Mets have been slow and grinding. Most negotiations with the Mets usually plod along, but the Mets also have shown the same cavalier attitude they demonstrated during the failed Jose Reyes negotiations in 2011. Not a good sign.
No, it’s not. But I’ll retain my optimism that Wright and the Mets will reach a deal unless and until I hear that the talks have grown haughty, snooty and supercilious. If things grow mordant, obstreperous, opprobrious or truculent, however, all bets are off.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)