Nov 1, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
First, discussions between Wright’s agents — Sam and Seth Levinson — and the Mets have been slow and grinding. Most negotiations with the Mets usually plod along, but the Mets also have shown the same cavalier attitude they demonstrated during the failed Jose Reyes negotiations in 2011. Not a good sign.
No, it’s not. But I’ll retain my optimism that Wright and the Mets will reach a deal unless and until I hear that the talks have grown haughty, snooty and supercilious. If things grow mordant, obstreperous, opprobrious or truculent, however, all bets are off.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 45
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 121
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 86
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (122)