Nov 1, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
Free agent reliever Francisco Rodriguez was charged with one count of domestic abuse in a suburban Milwaukee courtroom Wednesday, the result of an alleged scuffle with his fiancée in September. Rodriguez faces up to nine months in prison and $10,000 in fines if convicted of the misdemeanor charge, according to Patch.com, which first reported the filing in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
The allegation is that his girlfriend accused him of cheating on her and, in response, he hit her. If the allegations are accurate, Rodriguez is human scum.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)