Nov 1, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
Free agent reliever Francisco Rodriguez was charged with one count of domestic abuse in a suburban Milwaukee courtroom Wednesday, the result of an alleged scuffle with his fiancée in September. Rodriguez faces up to nine months in prison and $10,000 in fines if convicted of the misdemeanor charge, according to Patch.com, which first reported the filing in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
The allegation is that his girlfriend accused him of cheating on her and, in response, he hit her. If the allegations are accurate, Rodriguez is human scum.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)