Nov 1, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
Free agent reliever Francisco Rodriguez was charged with one count of domestic abuse in a suburban Milwaukee courtroom Wednesday, the result of an alleged scuffle with his fiancée in September. Rodriguez faces up to nine months in prison and $10,000 in fines if convicted of the misdemeanor charge, according to Patch.com, which first reported the filing in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
The allegation is that his girlfriend accused him of cheating on her and, in response, he hit her. If the allegations are accurate, Rodriguez is human scum.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)