Nov 1, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
Free agent reliever Francisco Rodriguez was charged with one count of domestic abuse in a suburban Milwaukee courtroom Wednesday, the result of an alleged scuffle with his fiancée in September. Rodriguez faces up to nine months in prison and $10,000 in fines if convicted of the misdemeanor charge, according to Patch.com, which first reported the filing in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
The allegation is that his girlfriend accused him of cheating on her and, in response, he hit her. If the allegations are accurate, Rodriguez is human scum.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)