Nov 1, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
By bringing back Jake Peavy and Gavin Floyd the White Sox now have five starters in place even with John Danks out following shoulder surgery. However, it sounds like Danks might be back on the mound sooner than initially expected.
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that Danks has already started a throwing program three months after going under the knife and is now “confident he’ll be ready by the time the White Sox open spring training.”
Danks still has a lot of hurdles to clear before that becomes a reality, as he’ll throw three times per week until January and then, if everything goes well, begin a normal pre-spring training workout routine.
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 6
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 7
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)