Nov 1, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
By bringing back Jake Peavy and Gavin Floyd the White Sox now have five starters in place even with John Danks out following shoulder surgery. However, it sounds like Danks might be back on the mound sooner than initially expected.
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that Danks has already started a throwing program three months after going under the knife and is now “confident he’ll be ready by the time the White Sox open spring training.”
Danks still has a lot of hurdles to clear before that becomes a reality, as he’ll throw three times per week until January and then, if everything goes well, begin a normal pre-spring training workout routine.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 10
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)