Nov 1, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
By bringing back Jake Peavy and Gavin Floyd the White Sox now have five starters in place even with John Danks out following shoulder surgery. However, it sounds like Danks might be back on the mound sooner than initially expected.
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that Danks has already started a throwing program three months after going under the knife and is now “confident he’ll be ready by the time the White Sox open spring training.”
Danks still has a lot of hurdles to clear before that becomes a reality, as he’ll throw three times per week until January and then, if everything goes well, begin a normal pre-spring training workout routine.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17