Nov 1, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
By bringing back Jake Peavy and Gavin Floyd the White Sox now have five starters in place even with John Danks out following shoulder surgery. However, it sounds like Danks might be back on the mound sooner than initially expected.
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that Danks has already started a throwing program three months after going under the knife and is now “confident he’ll be ready by the time the White Sox open spring training.”
Danks still has a lot of hurdles to clear before that becomes a reality, as he’ll throw three times per week until January and then, if everything goes well, begin a normal pre-spring training workout routine.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8