Nov 1, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
By bringing back Jake Peavy and Gavin Floyd the White Sox now have five starters in place even with John Danks out following shoulder surgery. However, it sounds like Danks might be back on the mound sooner than initially expected.
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that Danks has already started a throwing program three months after going under the knife and is now “confident he’ll be ready by the time the White Sox open spring training.”
Danks still has a lot of hurdles to clear before that becomes a reality, as he’ll throw three times per week until January and then, if everything goes well, begin a normal pre-spring training workout routine.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)