Nov 1, 2012, 5:40 PM EST
So much talk about how, after the ALCS, there’s no way the Yankees and A-Rod can stay together. Well, it’s pretty easy to stay together when there’s no one else interested. Bob Nightengale reports:
Not one team, a Yankees official told USA TODAY Sports, has called the club asking about Rodriguez. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the Yankees do not publicly discuss trade possibilities.
Nightengale says that A-Rod, likewise, would not waive his no-trade clause for anyone anyway. I’ve heard from some people in a position to know that that is not necessarily true. But it’s also academic if no one wants you.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (96)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)