Nov 1, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
In some of the Dan Haren/Ervin Santana threads some Angels fans have said that they hope that L.A. doesn’t re-sign Zack Greinke. Guess what: the Angels aren’t listening to you, as Danny Knobler reports:
The Angels’ top offseason priority is finding a way to re-sign Greinke (“huge priority,” one Angels person said).
Greinke was 6-2 with a 3.53 ERA and 78 strikeouts in 89 and a third innings for the Angels after being shipped west from Milwaukee. He made $13.5 million in 2012 and he’s easily the top free agent pitcher on the market this winter, so the Angels are going to have some serious competition and are going to have to pay some serious coin to lock him up.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)