Nov 1, 2012, 3:36 PM EST
The timeline of relevant news involving Jordan Schafer:
2009-2011: Jordan Schafer is rushed by the Braves, but hits a home run in his major league debut, so they give him too many at bats during which he shows no real aptitude to hit baseballs;
2011: Jordan Schafer gets injured, Braves trade him to Houston;
Offseason 2011: Jordan Schafer is arrested for having a bunch of weed in his car outside of a Cheesecake Factory;
2012: Jordan Schafer is given more playing time than he has ever had before. Puts up a line of .211/.297/.294 for the worst team in baseball.
Today: The worst team in baseball waives Jordan Schafer, the Braves take him back with open arms.
So, I guess the Braves have center field in post-Michael Bourn era solved, right?
OK, just kidding. He’s likely to be a bench guy at best and might have some use as a defensive replacement. But I don’t know any Braves fans who were craving his return.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 30
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 28
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)