Nov 1, 2012, 3:36 PM EST
The timeline of relevant news involving Jordan Schafer:
2009-2011: Jordan Schafer is rushed by the Braves, but hits a home run in his major league debut, so they give him too many at bats during which he shows no real aptitude to hit baseballs;
2011: Jordan Schafer gets injured, Braves trade him to Houston;
Offseason 2011: Jordan Schafer is arrested for having a bunch of weed in his car outside of a Cheesecake Factory;
2012: Jordan Schafer is given more playing time than he has ever had before. Puts up a line of .211/.297/.294 for the worst team in baseball.
Today: The worst team in baseball waives Jordan Schafer, the Braves take him back with open arms.
So, I guess the Braves have center field in post-Michael Bourn era solved, right?
OK, just kidding. He’s likely to be a bench guy at best and might have some use as a defensive replacement. But I don’t know any Braves fans who were craving his return.
- Report: MLB panel split on Josh Hamilton punishment; one-year suspension is in play 2
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 3
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (72)