Nov 1, 2012, 3:36 PM EDT
The timeline of relevant news involving Jordan Schafer:
2009-2011: Jordan Schafer is rushed by the Braves, but hits a home run in his major league debut, so they give him too many at bats during which he shows no real aptitude to hit baseballs;
2011: Jordan Schafer gets injured, Braves trade him to Houston;
Offseason 2011: Jordan Schafer is arrested for having a bunch of weed in his car outside of a Cheesecake Factory;
2012: Jordan Schafer is given more playing time than he has ever had before. Puts up a line of .211/.297/.294 for the worst team in baseball.
Today: The worst team in baseball waives Jordan Schafer, the Braves take him back with open arms.
So, I guess the Braves have center field in post-Michael Bourn era solved, right?
OK, just kidding. He’s likely to be a bench guy at best and might have some use as a defensive replacement. But I don’t know any Braves fans who were craving his return.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)