Nov 1, 2012, 3:36 PM EDT
The timeline of relevant news involving Jordan Schafer:
2009-2011: Jordan Schafer is rushed by the Braves, but hits a home run in his major league debut, so they give him too many at bats during which he shows no real aptitude to hit baseballs;
2011: Jordan Schafer gets injured, Braves trade him to Houston;
Offseason 2011: Jordan Schafer is arrested for having a bunch of weed in his car outside of a Cheesecake Factory;
2012: Jordan Schafer is given more playing time than he has ever had before. Puts up a line of .211/.297/.294 for the worst team in baseball.
Today: The worst team in baseball waives Jordan Schafer, the Braves take him back with open arms.
So, I guess the Braves have center field in post-Michael Bourn era solved, right?
OK, just kidding. He’s likely to be a bench guy at best and might have some use as a defensive replacement. But I don’t know any Braves fans who were craving his return.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (252)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)