Nov 1, 2012, 3:36 PM EDT
The timeline of relevant news involving Jordan Schafer:
2009-2011: Jordan Schafer is rushed by the Braves, but hits a home run in his major league debut, so they give him too many at bats during which he shows no real aptitude to hit baseballs;
2011: Jordan Schafer gets injured, Braves trade him to Houston;
Offseason 2011: Jordan Schafer is arrested for having a bunch of weed in his car outside of a Cheesecake Factory;
2012: Jordan Schafer is given more playing time than he has ever had before. Puts up a line of .211/.297/.294 for the worst team in baseball.
Today: The worst team in baseball waives Jordan Schafer, the Braves take him back with open arms.
So, I guess the Braves have center field in post-Michael Bourn era solved, right?
OK, just kidding. He’s likely to be a bench guy at best and might have some use as a defensive replacement. But I don’t know any Braves fans who were craving his return.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)