Nov 1, 2012, 9:41 AM EST
The Red Sox were previously reported to be interviewing Rick Peterson for their pitching coach gig. While he still remains a candidate, Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports that the list is expanding:
Red Sox interviewed Juan Nieves for pitching coach position today. Tomorrow: Randy St. Claire. Also, attempting 2 re-schedule Rick Peterson
— Sean McAdam(@Sean_McAdam) October 31, 2012
St. Claire is the current pitching coach for the Marlins, but given Ozzie Guillen’s firing, his job may not be the most secure thing on the planet. He’s also the uncle of professional wrestler Ryback, which is something I did not know until I looked at his Wikipedia page a minute ago.
Juan Nieves, the former Brewers pitcher who once tossed a no-hitter, is the bullpen coach for the White Sox.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)