Nov 1, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
The state of Rhode Island on Thursday sued former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling and one-time officials with the state’s economic development agency in connection with a $75 million loan guarantee to his failed video game company.
The AP Story on it is rather vague as to the specifics, but if you care enough about this story to have clicked this link you already know the broad contours: Curt Schilling started a video game company. Poured millions and years into it. Was lured to relocate the company to Rhode Island with loan guarantees from the state in exchange for promises of job creation. Company spent money like crazy, product wasn’t terribly successful. Company went bust, but not before leaving its workers high and dry and in some cases in severe financial straits. Curt Schilling called the governor of Rhode Island a “dunce.” Allegations arose that the company knew it was screwed but misled employees. Everyone with a bit of jurisdiction over this mess has or still is investigating.
And now, the lawyers.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (106)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)