Nov 1, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
The Yankees have interest in Torii Hunter, a source said. Hunter is unlikely to get a qualifying offer, so he wouldn’t cost a draft pick.
— Mark Feinsand (@BloggingBombers) November 1, 2012
Hunter had a nice season in 2012, hitting .311/.365/.451 with 16 homers and 92 RBI. While he isn’t the defensive genius he once was, he’s still quite good on a corner and is known as one of the best clubhouse/character/media guys in the game. If the Yankees went for him instead of making a run at keeping Swisher, they’d have better outfield defense at the expense of not having a guy who could cover first base like Swisher can.
I think most teams would love to have Hunter on a one or a two-year deal.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 22
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)