Nov 2, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Rangers right-hander Colby Lewis provided an update on his recovery from July elbow surgery, telling Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas that he’s scheduled to begin a throwing program in January and hopes to rejoin the Rangers’ rotation before the All-Star break.
“I feel great,” Lewis said. “I don’t feel any pain and I have my range of motion.”
Instead of hitting the open market as a free agent Lewis agreed to a one-year deal with the Rangers that includes $2 million in guaranteed money and another $4 million in potential incentives.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)