Nov 2, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
Curt Schilling, August 21, 2012:
Schilling tweeted that “if the state loses money it’s because the Governor is a dunce of epic proportions, nothing I can do about that.” In follow-up tweets on Monday, Schilling also called the governor a “buffoon” and called the prospect of him getting re-elected in 2014 “terrifying.”
Lincoln Chafee, November 1, 2012:
Governor Lincoln Chafee used a video message today to announce litigation by the state over the failure of 38 Studios. The defendants named in the state’s action include Curt Schilling and former EDC director Keith Stokes.
Curt Schilling, November 2, 2012:
Schilling says he believes he’s being sued in part because of critical comments he made about Gov. Lincoln Chafee. He also says he might file his own lawsuit.
I actually kinda doubt that the lawsuit decision had anything to do with Schilling’s August comments. I did litigation for the State of Ohio for close to a year, and it just doesn’t work like that. Filing suit against anyone is a big pain in the butt, no one really wants to do it unless they have to and, if anything, it’s a decision made by 30 people below the governor who wouldn’t pay a lick of attention to dumb comments like Schilling’s in order to pull the lawsuit trigger in the first place.
But part of me does want to believe that those comments brought it all down. Because that would be too awesome for words.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)