Nov 2, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Curt Schilling, August 21, 2012:
Schilling tweeted that “if the state loses money it’s because the Governor is a dunce of epic proportions, nothing I can do about that.” In follow-up tweets on Monday, Schilling also called the governor a “buffoon” and called the prospect of him getting re-elected in 2014 “terrifying.”
Lincoln Chafee, November 1, 2012:
Governor Lincoln Chafee used a video message today to announce litigation by the state over the failure of 38 Studios. The defendants named in the state’s action include Curt Schilling and former EDC director Keith Stokes.
Curt Schilling, November 2, 2012:
Schilling says he believes he’s being sued in part because of critical comments he made about Gov. Lincoln Chafee. He also says he might file his own lawsuit.
I actually kinda doubt that the lawsuit decision had anything to do with Schilling’s August comments. I did litigation for the State of Ohio for close to a year, and it just doesn’t work like that. Filing suit against anyone is a big pain in the butt, no one really wants to do it unless they have to and, if anything, it’s a decision made by 30 people below the governor who wouldn’t pay a lick of attention to dumb comments like Schilling’s in order to pull the lawsuit trigger in the first place.
But part of me does want to believe that those comments brought it all down. Because that would be too awesome for words.
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 21
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 34
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)