Nov 2, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
Confirming a report from last week, Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun passes along word that Rick Peterson will interview for the pitching coach job with the Red Sox tomorrow. He was supposed to interview earlier this week, but it was postponed due to Hurricane Sandy. Peterson’s home is in Belmar, New Jersey.
Peterson was the Orioles’ organizational director of pitching development this season, working with minor leaguers while instilling his use of biomechanics. He previously served as pitching coach with the Athletics, Mets and most recently with the Brewers.
New Red Sox manager John Farrell is a former pitching coach himself and figures to work closely with his pitchers, so it’s safe to say he’ll be very involved in the decision. There is a link between the two, as Peterson was a coach when Farrell was a minor leaguer with the Indians. The Orioles have given Peterson permission to seek an opportunity in the majors, but he will likely return if he doesn’t land a gig as a pitching coach this offseason.
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 2
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 29
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 143
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)