Nov 2, 2012, 7:31 PM EST
Confirming a report from last week, Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun passes along word that Rick Peterson will interview for the pitching coach job with the Red Sox tomorrow. He was supposed to interview earlier this week, but it was postponed due to Hurricane Sandy. Peterson’s home is in Belmar, New Jersey.
Peterson was the Orioles’ organizational director of pitching development this season, working with minor leaguers while instilling his use of biomechanics. He previously served as pitching coach with the Athletics, Mets and most recently with the Brewers.
New Red Sox manager John Farrell is a former pitching coach himself and figures to work closely with his pitchers, so it’s safe to say he’ll be very involved in the decision. There is a link between the two, as Peterson was a coach when Farrell was a minor leaguer with the Indians. The Orioles have given Peterson permission to seek an opportunity in the majors, but he will likely return if he doesn’t land a gig as a pitching coach this offseason.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)