Nov 2, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
Confirming a report from last week, Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun passes along word that Rick Peterson will interview for the pitching coach job with the Red Sox tomorrow. He was supposed to interview earlier this week, but it was postponed due to Hurricane Sandy. Peterson’s home is in Belmar, New Jersey.
Peterson was the Orioles’ organizational director of pitching development this season, working with minor leaguers while instilling his use of biomechanics. He previously served as pitching coach with the Athletics, Mets and most recently with the Brewers.
New Red Sox manager John Farrell is a former pitching coach himself and figures to work closely with his pitchers, so it’s safe to say he’ll be very involved in the decision. There is a link between the two, as Peterson was a coach when Farrell was a minor leaguer with the Indians. The Orioles have given Peterson permission to seek an opportunity in the majors, but he will likely return if he doesn’t land a gig as a pitching coach this offseason.
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 5
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)