Nov 2, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
Confirming a report from last week, Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun passes along word that Rick Peterson will interview for the pitching coach job with the Red Sox tomorrow. He was supposed to interview earlier this week, but it was postponed due to Hurricane Sandy. Peterson’s home is in Belmar, New Jersey.
Peterson was the Orioles’ organizational director of pitching development this season, working with minor leaguers while instilling his use of biomechanics. He previously served as pitching coach with the Athletics, Mets and most recently with the Brewers.
New Red Sox manager John Farrell is a former pitching coach himself and figures to work closely with his pitchers, so it’s safe to say he’ll be very involved in the decision. There is a link between the two, as Peterson was a coach when Farrell was a minor leaguer with the Indians. The Orioles have given Peterson permission to seek an opportunity in the majors, but he will likely return if he doesn’t land a gig as a pitching coach this offseason.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)