Nov 2, 2012, 9:24 AM EDT
Sorry guys, you, me and most of the rest of the world are no longer candidates to manage the Blue Jays. Rosenthal seyz:
The Blue Jays are leaning toward hiring a manager who already has done the job, according to major league sources.
Several of their reported candidates — notably,Cleveland Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar Jr. — remain secondary considerations, at least for the moment.
In addition to ruling out Alomar it would knock DeMarlo Hale, Tim Wallach and Brian Butterfield.
Meanwhile, Ozzie Guillen and Bobby Valentine sit over there, sipping coffee, trying to look inconspicuous, but occasionally giving a wink and an “a-ok” gesture.
As for Alomar and those guys:
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 23
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 205
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)