Nov 2, 2012, 9:24 AM EDT
Sorry guys, you, me and most of the rest of the world are no longer candidates to manage the Blue Jays. Rosenthal seyz:
The Blue Jays are leaning toward hiring a manager who already has done the job, according to major league sources.
Several of their reported candidates — notably,Cleveland Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar Jr. — remain secondary considerations, at least for the moment.
In addition to ruling out Alomar it would knock DeMarlo Hale, Tim Wallach and Brian Butterfield.
Meanwhile, Ozzie Guillen and Bobby Valentine sit over there, sipping coffee, trying to look inconspicuous, but occasionally giving a wink and an “a-ok” gesture.
As for Alomar and those guys:
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)