Nov 2, 2012, 9:24 AM EDT
Sorry guys, you, me and most of the rest of the world are no longer candidates to manage the Blue Jays. Rosenthal seyz:
The Blue Jays are leaning toward hiring a manager who already has done the job, according to major league sources.
Several of their reported candidates — notably,Cleveland Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar Jr. — remain secondary considerations, at least for the moment.
In addition to ruling out Alomar it would knock DeMarlo Hale, Tim Wallach and Brian Butterfield.
Meanwhile, Ozzie Guillen and Bobby Valentine sit over there, sipping coffee, trying to look inconspicuous, but occasionally giving a wink and an “a-ok” gesture.
As for Alomar and those guys:
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 4
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 38
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)