Nov 2, 2012, 9:24 AM EST
Sorry guys, you, me and most of the rest of the world are no longer candidates to manage the Blue Jays. Rosenthal seyz:
The Blue Jays are leaning toward hiring a manager who already has done the job, according to major league sources.
Several of their reported candidates — notably,Cleveland Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar Jr. — remain secondary considerations, at least for the moment.
In addition to ruling out Alomar it would knock DeMarlo Hale, Tim Wallach and Brian Butterfield.
Meanwhile, Ozzie Guillen and Bobby Valentine sit over there, sipping coffee, trying to look inconspicuous, but occasionally giving a wink and an “a-ok” gesture.
As for Alomar and those guys:
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)