Nov 2, 2012, 9:24 AM EDT
Sorry guys, you, me and most of the rest of the world are no longer candidates to manage the Blue Jays. Rosenthal seyz:
The Blue Jays are leaning toward hiring a manager who already has done the job, according to major league sources.
Several of their reported candidates — notably,Cleveland Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar Jr. — remain secondary considerations, at least for the moment.
In addition to ruling out Alomar it would knock DeMarlo Hale, Tim Wallach and Brian Butterfield.
Meanwhile, Ozzie Guillen and Bobby Valentine sit over there, sipping coffee, trying to look inconspicuous, but occasionally giving a wink and an “a-ok” gesture.
As for Alomar and those guys:
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 34
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 47
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105