Nov 2, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
Then hoping for a monster first half and flipping him again? Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com talks about it, though it is a long shot:
The Cubs are in the market for at least two starting pitchers they can plug into their 2013 Opening Day rotation, and they haven’t yet ruled out Ryan Dempster, who still looks like a long shot to return to the North Side.
Even if he’s not going back to Chicago, there are some interesting quotes in there from Jed Hoyer, who was asked if there were any hard feelings between the team and Dempster after that business with Dempster vetoing the trade to Atlanta at the deadline and forcing what appeared to be a worse deal for the Cubs in shipping him to Texas.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 38
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 84
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 23
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 44
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 42
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (103)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (85)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)