Nov 2, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Then hoping for a monster first half and flipping him again? Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com talks about it, though it is a long shot:
The Cubs are in the market for at least two starting pitchers they can plug into their 2013 Opening Day rotation, and they haven’t yet ruled out Ryan Dempster, who still looks like a long shot to return to the North Side.
Even if he’s not going back to Chicago, there are some interesting quotes in there from Jed Hoyer, who was asked if there were any hard feelings between the team and Dempster after that business with Dempster vetoing the trade to Atlanta at the deadline and forcing what appeared to be a worse deal for the Cubs in shipping him to Texas.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)