Nov 2, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Then hoping for a monster first half and flipping him again? Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com talks about it, though it is a long shot:
The Cubs are in the market for at least two starting pitchers they can plug into their 2013 Opening Day rotation, and they haven’t yet ruled out Ryan Dempster, who still looks like a long shot to return to the North Side.
Even if he’s not going back to Chicago, there are some interesting quotes in there from Jed Hoyer, who was asked if there were any hard feelings between the team and Dempster after that business with Dempster vetoing the trade to Atlanta at the deadline and forcing what appeared to be a worse deal for the Cubs in shipping him to Texas.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)