Nov 2, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
From the team’s Twitter:
The 2013 promo schedule features 10 bobbleheads- including Koufax, Scully, Jaime Jarrín, Magic Johnson, Kemp & Rick Monday saving the flag.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) November 2, 2012
The Vin Scully bobblehead was pretty damn popular, so I get why they’re bringing it back. I will admit, however, that I am worried that bobblehead technology is sufficient to capture the nuances of the Rick Monday saving the flag incident.
Also worth noting that Monday played for the Cubs at the time of the flag incident, and he was saving it from unruly Dodgers fans (well, at least they were in Los Angeles anyway), so apparently the Dodgers are bobblehead-i-fying anything that remotely touches on Dodger history.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 21
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)