Nov 2, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
From the team’s Twitter:
The 2013 promo schedule features 10 bobbleheads- including Koufax, Scully, Jaime Jarrín, Magic Johnson, Kemp & Rick Monday saving the flag.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) November 2, 2012
The Vin Scully bobblehead was pretty damn popular, so I get why they’re bringing it back. I will admit, however, that I am worried that bobblehead technology is sufficient to capture the nuances of the Rick Monday saving the flag incident.
Also worth noting that Monday played for the Cubs at the time of the flag incident, and he was saving it from unruly Dodgers fans (well, at least they were in Los Angeles anyway), so apparently the Dodgers are bobblehead-i-fying anything that remotely touches on Dodger history.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)