Nov 2, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
From the team’s Twitter:
The 2013 promo schedule features 10 bobbleheads- including Koufax, Scully, Jaime Jarrín, Magic Johnson, Kemp & Rick Monday saving the flag.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) November 2, 2012
The Vin Scully bobblehead was pretty damn popular, so I get why they’re bringing it back. I will admit, however, that I am worried that bobblehead technology is sufficient to capture the nuances of the Rick Monday saving the flag incident.
Also worth noting that Monday played for the Cubs at the time of the flag incident, and he was saving it from unruly Dodgers fans (well, at least they were in Los Angeles anyway), so apparently the Dodgers are bobblehead-i-fying anything that remotely touches on Dodger history.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)