Nov 2, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
From the team’s Twitter:
The 2013 promo schedule features 10 bobbleheads- including Koufax, Scully, Jaime Jarrín, Magic Johnson, Kemp & Rick Monday saving the flag.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) November 2, 2012
The Vin Scully bobblehead was pretty damn popular, so I get why they’re bringing it back. I will admit, however, that I am worried that bobblehead technology is sufficient to capture the nuances of the Rick Monday saving the flag incident.
Also worth noting that Monday played for the Cubs at the time of the flag incident, and he was saving it from unruly Dodgers fans (well, at least they were in Los Angeles anyway), so apparently the Dodgers are bobblehead-i-fying anything that remotely touches on Dodger history.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 2
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 50
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 27
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)