Nov 2, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
I’m not always the biggest fan of sponsored awards announced in a made-for-TV presentation, but in a world where people still think Gold Gloves matter, I’m all for this:
From great diving catches in the outfield to acrobatic plays in the infield, the first-ever Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Awards will be announced exclusively on MLB Network this Sunday, November 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Hosted by MLB Network’s Ahmed Fareed and Eric Byrnes, the Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Awards will name the best defensive player on each MLB club, while also crowning the best defensive player in each league and naming the best defensive team in all of baseball. The award winners were determined by the detailed statistical analysis of MLB Network’s “shredder system” used by Clubhouse Confidential, plus input from MLB Network analysts.
Looking forward to Brendan Ryan getting his due.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 30
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 191
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (191)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)