Nov 2, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
I’m not always the biggest fan of sponsored awards announced in a made-for-TV presentation, but in a world where people still think Gold Gloves matter, I’m all for this:
From great diving catches in the outfield to acrobatic plays in the infield, the first-ever Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Awards will be announced exclusively on MLB Network this Sunday, November 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Hosted by MLB Network’s Ahmed Fareed and Eric Byrnes, the Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Awards will name the best defensive player on each MLB club, while also crowning the best defensive player in each league and naming the best defensive team in all of baseball. The award winners were determined by the detailed statistical analysis of MLB Network’s “shredder system” used by Clubhouse Confidential, plus input from MLB Network analysts.
Looking forward to Brendan Ryan getting his due.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 47
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 79
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 51
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)