Nov 2, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
I’m not always the biggest fan of sponsored awards announced in a made-for-TV presentation, but in a world where people still think Gold Gloves matter, I’m all for this:
From great diving catches in the outfield to acrobatic plays in the infield, the first-ever Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Awards will be announced exclusively on MLB Network this Sunday, November 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Hosted by MLB Network’s Ahmed Fareed and Eric Byrnes, the Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Awards will name the best defensive player on each MLB club, while also crowning the best defensive player in each league and naming the best defensive team in all of baseball. The award winners were determined by the detailed statistical analysis of MLB Network’s “shredder system” used by Clubhouse Confidential, plus input from MLB Network analysts.
Looking forward to Brendan Ryan getting his due.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106