Nov 2, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
I’m not always the biggest fan of sponsored awards announced in a made-for-TV presentation, but in a world where people still think Gold Gloves matter, I’m all for this:
From great diving catches in the outfield to acrobatic plays in the infield, the first-ever Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Awards will be announced exclusively on MLB Network this Sunday, November 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Hosted by MLB Network’s Ahmed Fareed and Eric Byrnes, the Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Awards will name the best defensive player on each MLB club, while also crowning the best defensive player in each league and naming the best defensive team in all of baseball. The award winners were determined by the detailed statistical analysis of MLB Network’s “shredder system” used by Clubhouse Confidential, plus input from MLB Network analysts.
Looking forward to Brendan Ryan getting his due.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)