Nov 2, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
Roenicke appeared in 63 games for the Rockies this year and posted a nice-looking 3.25 ERA, but it came with an ugly 54/43 K/BB ratio in 89 innings and the 29-year-old right-hander has averaged 4.6 walks per nine innings for his career.
Roenicke throws hard, but has never actually racked up many strikeouts and consistently struggles to throw strikes. He’ll likely compete for a middle relief gig in Minnesota.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 21
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 29
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 94
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)