Nov 2, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Roenicke appeared in 63 games for the Rockies this year and posted a nice-looking 3.25 ERA, but it came with an ugly 54/43 K/BB ratio in 89 innings and the 29-year-old right-hander has averaged 4.6 walks per nine innings for his career.
Roenicke throws hard, but has never actually racked up many strikeouts and consistently struggles to throw strikes. He’ll likely compete for a middle relief gig in Minnesota.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 15
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 34
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)