Nov 2, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Roenicke appeared in 63 games for the Rockies this year and posted a nice-looking 3.25 ERA, but it came with an ugly 54/43 K/BB ratio in 89 innings and the 29-year-old right-hander has averaged 4.6 walks per nine innings for his career.
Roenicke throws hard, but has never actually racked up many strikeouts and consistently struggles to throw strikes. He’ll likely compete for a middle relief gig in Minnesota.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)