Nov 3, 2012, 8:40 PM EDT
Free agent starter Brandon McCarthy has made it known that he would like to return to the Athletics.
But he is going to have some options.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that McCarthy has drawn “immediate interest” from multiple teams since officially becoming a free agent early Saturday morning. Slusser names the Cubs, White Sox and Blue Jays as possible suitors, and there could be many others.
McCarthy was limited to just 111 innings in 2012 due to shoulder and head injuries, but he had a 3.24 ERA while healthy. In 2011, the right-hander posted a 3.32 ERA and 1.13 WHIP in 170 2/3 total frames.
McCarthy has experienced no issues with his brain function since being released from an Oakland hospital in early September and the shoulder problems he experienced this summer were considered to be minor.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 11
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)