Nov 3, 2012, 8:55 AM EDT
The surgery was performed by team orthopedist Dr. Neal ElAttrache and involved cleaning up bursitis in the AC joint. Guerra will begin a throwing program in six weeks and should be ready for spring training if all goes well.
Guerra posted a 2.60 ERA and a 37/23 K/BB ratio over 45 innings this season while going 8-for-13 in save chances. The 27-year-old right-hander began the season as the Dodgers’ closer, but lost the job to Kenley Jansen in May before requiring knee surgery a month later. He made it back in July, but was demoted in August and suffered a season-ending oblique injury after returning as a September call-up. He’ll hope for better luck on the health front in 2013.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)