Nov 3, 2012, 8:55 AM EDT
The surgery was performed by team orthopedist Dr. Neal ElAttrache and involved cleaning up bursitis in the AC joint. Guerra will begin a throwing program in six weeks and should be ready for spring training if all goes well.
Guerra posted a 2.60 ERA and a 37/23 K/BB ratio over 45 innings this season while going 8-for-13 in save chances. The 27-year-old right-hander began the season as the Dodgers’ closer, but lost the job to Kenley Jansen in May before requiring knee surgery a month later. He made it back in July, but was demoted in August and suffered a season-ending oblique injury after returning as a September call-up. He’ll hope for better luck on the health front in 2013.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 2
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 38
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 59
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 70
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)