Nov 3, 2012, 7:13 PM EST
Free agency is a breeze for a good lefty reliever.
According to beat writer James Wagner of the Washington Post, free agent left-hander Mike Gonzalez said in a phone interview on Saturday morning that he’s already drawn interest from 10 different teams this offseason. Nationals included.
“They’ve had a couple conversations,” Gonzalez said of the team that signed him to a minor league deal early this summer. “[My agent] told me that they’re definitely interested and I’m definitely interested. It’s going to be good. We haven’t started throwing money there. But there’s interest on every side.”
Gonzalez posted a solid 3.03 ERA and 39/16 K/BB ratio in 35 2/3 innings this season for Washington while holding left-handed batters to a .179/.257/.269 slash line. The 34-year-old owns a 2.94 career ERA.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (129)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)