Nov 3, 2012, 7:13 PM EDT
Free agency is a breeze for a good lefty reliever.
According to beat writer James Wagner of the Washington Post, free agent left-hander Mike Gonzalez said in a phone interview on Saturday morning that he’s already drawn interest from 10 different teams this offseason. Nationals included.
“They’ve had a couple conversations,” Gonzalez said of the team that signed him to a minor league deal early this summer. “[My agent] told me that they’re definitely interested and I’m definitely interested. It’s going to be good. We haven’t started throwing money there. But there’s interest on every side.”
Gonzalez posted a solid 3.03 ERA and 39/16 K/BB ratio in 35 2/3 innings this season for Washington while holding left-handed batters to a .179/.257/.269 slash line. The 34-year-old owns a 2.94 career ERA.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)