Nov 3, 2012, 7:13 PM EDT
Free agency is a breeze for a good lefty reliever.
According to beat writer James Wagner of the Washington Post, free agent left-hander Mike Gonzalez said in a phone interview on Saturday morning that he’s already drawn interest from 10 different teams this offseason. Nationals included.
“They’ve had a couple conversations,” Gonzalez said of the team that signed him to a minor league deal early this summer. “[My agent] told me that they’re definitely interested and I’m definitely interested. It’s going to be good. We haven’t started throwing money there. But there’s interest on every side.”
Gonzalez posted a solid 3.03 ERA and 39/16 K/BB ratio in 35 2/3 innings this season for Washington while holding left-handed batters to a .179/.257/.269 slash line. The 34-year-old owns a 2.94 career ERA.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 59
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)