Nov 4, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
Despite Colon’s age and his suspension, the A’s will pay him $3 million next year, and an incentives package could push the deal to between $5 million and $6 million – including provisions in the event that Colon pitches in relief.
Colon only has five games remaining on that 50-game PED suspension, so he’ll be good to go one week into the 2013 season.
The 39-year-old veteran registered a superb 3.43 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 91/23 K/BB ratio across 152 1/3 innings this past year for Oakland while earning $2 million. He made 24 starts and no relief appearances.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)