Nov 4, 2012, 8:49 AM EST
The video is unfortunately not embeddable, but you’ll want to follow this link to see Reds prospect Billy Hamilton steal the show — pun intended — at last night’s Arizona Fall League Rising Stars Game.
The 22-year-old gets a nice jump and snags second base rather routinely, then darts over to third after the next pitch while the catcher is attempting to deliver the ball back to the mound. Just watch the video.
Hamilton swiped a record 155 bases this past season between High-A Bakersfield and Double-A Pensacola. He is projected to play center field at the major league level and should be able to climb his way to Cincinnati by the end of the 2013 campaign.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 20
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 17
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)