Nov 4, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
The video is unfortunately not embeddable, but you’ll want to follow this link to see Reds prospect Billy Hamilton steal the show — pun intended — at last night’s Arizona Fall League Rising Stars Game.
The 22-year-old gets a nice jump and snags second base rather routinely, then darts over to third after the next pitch while the catcher is attempting to deliver the ball back to the mound. Just watch the video.
Hamilton swiped a record 155 bases this past season between High-A Bakersfield and Double-A Pensacola. He is projected to play center field at the major league level and should be able to climb his way to Cincinnati by the end of the 2013 campaign.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)