Nov 4, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
The video is unfortunately not embeddable, but you’ll want to follow this link to see Reds prospect Billy Hamilton steal the show — pun intended — at last night’s Arizona Fall League Rising Stars Game.
The 22-year-old gets a nice jump and snags second base rather routinely, then darts over to third after the next pitch while the catcher is attempting to deliver the ball back to the mound. Just watch the video.
Hamilton swiped a record 155 bases this past season between High-A Bakersfield and Double-A Pensacola. He is projected to play center field at the major league level and should be able to climb his way to Cincinnati by the end of the 2013 campaign.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 333
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 45
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (337)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)