Nov 4, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
The video is unfortunately not embeddable, but you’ll want to follow this link to see Reds prospect Billy Hamilton steal the show — pun intended — at last night’s Arizona Fall League Rising Stars Game.
The 22-year-old gets a nice jump and snags second base rather routinely, then darts over to third after the next pitch while the catcher is attempting to deliver the ball back to the mound. Just watch the video.
Hamilton swiped a record 155 bases this past season between High-A Bakersfield and Double-A Pensacola. He is projected to play center field at the major league level and should be able to climb his way to Cincinnati by the end of the 2013 campaign.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 240
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (241)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)