Nov 4, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
The video is unfortunately not embeddable, but you’ll want to follow this link to see Reds prospect Billy Hamilton steal the show — pun intended — at last night’s Arizona Fall League Rising Stars Game.
The 22-year-old gets a nice jump and snags second base rather routinely, then darts over to third after the next pitch while the catcher is attempting to deliver the ball back to the mound. Just watch the video.
Hamilton swiped a record 155 bases this past season between High-A Bakersfield and Double-A Pensacola. He is projected to play center field at the major league level and should be able to climb his way to Cincinnati by the end of the 2013 campaign.
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 6
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 63
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 114
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)