Nov 4, 2012, 9:34 AM EST
“We’ve had discussions,” general manager Ben Cherington said Saturday. “He knows there is a role waiting for him when the time is right for him.”
It would probably be one of those special assistant front office gigs rather than an actual major league coaching job, but it’s a nice gesture anyway and one that might warrant serious consideration from the 41-year-old right-hander at some point down the line.
Pedro had an incredible 2.52 ERA and 10.9 K/9 in seven seasons — over 1,300 innings — with Boston.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)