Nov 4, 2012, 9:34 AM EDT
“We’ve had discussions,” general manager Ben Cherington said Saturday. “He knows there is a role waiting for him when the time is right for him.”
It would probably be one of those special assistant front office gigs rather than an actual major league coaching job, but it’s a nice gesture anyway and one that might warrant serious consideration from the 41-year-old right-hander at some point down the line.
Pedro had an incredible 2.52 ERA and 10.9 K/9 in seven seasons — over 1,300 innings — with Boston.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)