Nov 4, 2012, 9:34 AM EDT
“We’ve had discussions,” general manager Ben Cherington said Saturday. “He knows there is a role waiting for him when the time is right for him.”
It would probably be one of those special assistant front office gigs rather than an actual major league coaching job, but it’s a nice gesture anyway and one that might warrant serious consideration from the 41-year-old right-hander at some point down the line.
Pedro had an incredible 2.52 ERA and 10.9 K/9 in seven seasons — over 1,300 innings — with Boston.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 9
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 5
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3