Nov 4, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
From Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post:
The Rockies’ managerial search has reached the final four: bench coach Tom Runnells, veteran slugger Jason Giambi, former Rockies shortstop Walt Weiss and current Diamondbacks third-base coach Matt Williams.
Williams is the only one who hasn’t had a formal interview, but that will change Monday when he sits down with owner Dick Monfort, GM Dan O’Dowd and senior vice president of major-league operations Bill Geivett.
The Rockies are expected to come to a decision by the end of the week. There isn’t a clear frontrunner, though Giambi has drawn heavy praise from reporters and team officials alike since the search began.
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 4
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 5
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 22
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- The Astros lost in spectacular fashion last night 26
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges