Nov 4, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
From Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post:
The Rockies’ managerial search has reached the final four: bench coach Tom Runnells, veteran slugger Jason Giambi, former Rockies shortstop Walt Weiss and current Diamondbacks third-base coach Matt Williams.
Williams is the only one who hasn’t had a formal interview, but that will change Monday when he sits down with owner Dick Monfort, GM Dan O’Dowd and senior vice president of major-league operations Bill Geivett.
The Rockies are expected to come to a decision by the end of the week. There isn’t a clear frontrunner, though Giambi has drawn heavy praise from reporters and team officials alike since the search began.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming