Nov 5, 2012, 11:06 AM EDT
Brooks Conrad became notable to Braves fans for some big home runs in the 2010 season and then became somewhat infamous in the playoffs that year due to some high-profile defensive miscues. Last year he shuttled back and forth between the bigs and Triple-A with the Brewers. Now, he’s looking eastward. Far eastward:
Hanshin has a basic agreement with Brooks Conrad, to sign him officially in December: sponichi.co.jp/baseball/news/…
— Patrick Newman (@npbtracker) November 5, 2012
That link goes to a Japanese article most of you can’ read, so don’t bother. But Patrick is basically always right about the NPB news.
Good for Conrad. I got to meet him in spring training back in March. He’s a nice guy who seems really likable and who works hard. Here’s hoping he can find some success in Japan.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 228
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (228)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (103)