Nov 5, 2012, 11:06 AM EDT
Brooks Conrad became notable to Braves fans for some big home runs in the 2010 season and then became somewhat infamous in the playoffs that year due to some high-profile defensive miscues. Last year he shuttled back and forth between the bigs and Triple-A with the Brewers. Now, he’s looking eastward. Far eastward:
Hanshin has a basic agreement with Brooks Conrad, to sign him officially in December: sponichi.co.jp/baseball/news/…
— Patrick Newman (@npbtracker) November 5, 2012
That link goes to a Japanese article most of you can’ read, so don’t bother. But Patrick is basically always right about the NPB news.
Good for Conrad. I got to meet him in spring training back in March. He’s a nice guy who seems really likable and who works hard. Here’s hoping he can find some success in Japan.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)