Nov 5, 2012, 11:06 AM EDT
Brooks Conrad became notable to Braves fans for some big home runs in the 2010 season and then became somewhat infamous in the playoffs that year due to some high-profile defensive miscues. Last year he shuttled back and forth between the bigs and Triple-A with the Brewers. Now, he’s looking eastward. Far eastward:
Hanshin has a basic agreement with Brooks Conrad, to sign him officially in December: sponichi.co.jp/baseball/news/…
— Patrick Newman (@npbtracker) November 5, 2012
That link goes to a Japanese article most of you can’ read, so don’t bother. But Patrick is basically always right about the NPB news.
Good for Conrad. I got to meet him in spring training back in March. He’s a nice guy who seems really likable and who works hard. Here’s hoping he can find some success in Japan.
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3