Nov 5, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
As expected the Cardinals have promoted John Mabry from assistant hitting coach to hitting coach following Mark McGwire’s departure to take the same job with the Dodgers.
Mabry was chosen for manager Mike Matheny’s coaching staff last offseason after Mike Aldrete went from assistant hitting coach to bench coach. No word yet on who the Cardinals will turn to as their new assistant hitting coach, although Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post Dispatch expects it to be an in-house choice.
St. Louis also announced Triple-A pitching coach Blaise Ilsley as their new bullpen coach, replacing Dyar Miller, who was the only member of Matheny’s coaching staff not asked to return.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)