Nov 5, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
For as long as there have been bench coaches and bullpen coaches, Man has sought to ascertain what, exactly, they do. We may never know the answer to that question, but we do know who will be filling those roles for the Houston Astros next year: former big leaguers Eduardo Perez and Dennis Martinez.
Perez used to be the Marlins’ hitting coach. El Presidente was most recently a coach in the Cardinals’ system. Both of them continue a trend of coaches coming from the ranks of players whose primes occurred in my actual adult life as opposed to some distant, hazy past, thereby making me feel really old.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 38
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 23
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)