Nov 5, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
For as long as there have been bench coaches and bullpen coaches, Man has sought to ascertain what, exactly, they do. We may never know the answer to that question, but we do know who will be filling those roles for the Houston Astros next year: former big leaguers Eduardo Perez and Dennis Martinez.
Perez used to be the Marlins’ hitting coach. El Presidente was most recently a coach in the Cardinals’ system. Both of them continue a trend of coaches coming from the ranks of players whose primes occurred in my actual adult life as opposed to some distant, hazy past, thereby making me feel really old.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 15
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 8
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)