Nov 5, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
The Red Sox have not picked a pitching coach yet, but Gordon Edes reports that there is a favorite:
The Red Sox are expected to make a decision on their new pitching coach by Tuesday, and new manager John Farrell is “all in” on longtime pitching coach Rick Peterson as his choice, according to a baseball source.
Peterson works for the Orioles now. If he’s hired, the rumor on the street is that the Sox will sign Victor Zambrano to be their new number one starter.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)