Nov 5, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
The Red Sox have not picked a pitching coach yet, but Gordon Edes reports that there is a favorite:
The Red Sox are expected to make a decision on their new pitching coach by Tuesday, and new manager John Farrell is “all in” on longtime pitching coach Rick Peterson as his choice, according to a baseball source.
Peterson works for the Orioles now. If he’s hired, the rumor on the street is that the Sox will sign Victor Zambrano to be their new number one starter.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 60
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 56
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11