Nov 5, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
The Red Sox have not picked a pitching coach yet, but Gordon Edes reports that there is a favorite:
The Red Sox are expected to make a decision on their new pitching coach by Tuesday, and new manager John Farrell is “all in” on longtime pitching coach Rick Peterson as his choice, according to a baseball source.
Peterson works for the Orioles now. If he’s hired, the rumor on the street is that the Sox will sign Victor Zambrano to be their new number one starter.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final