Nov 5, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
I want to find a genie in a bottle who bucks convention and doesn’t mind it when you wish for more wishes. The odds of that happening are about the same odds as Josh Hamilton getting what he wants:
— John Perrotto (@jperrotto) November 2, 2012
That’s $25 million a year for seven years. I think it’s a stretch to think he’ll get seven years at anything even approaching that level, if he gets that many years at all. If he does get $25 million it would probably be some four-year thing maybe with a series of options afterward. No way someone goes both big and long on his deal.
Whatever. They’re all rumors until something happens. I would expect that, if it hasn’t happened already, Hamilton’s people have denied this. Not because they don’t want it — they may actually be asking for it — but because there is no percentage in having a perception that Hamilton is asking for the moon out there. At least until he’s in serious negotiations with someone.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 0
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 108
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 2
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (110)