Nov 5, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
I want to find a genie in a bottle who bucks convention and doesn’t mind it when you wish for more wishes. The odds of that happening are about the same odds as Josh Hamilton getting what he wants:
— John Perrotto (@jperrotto) November 2, 2012
That’s $25 million a year for seven years. I think it’s a stretch to think he’ll get seven years at anything even approaching that level, if he gets that many years at all. If he does get $25 million it would probably be some four-year thing maybe with a series of options afterward. No way someone goes both big and long on his deal.
Whatever. They’re all rumors until something happens. I would expect that, if it hasn’t happened already, Hamilton’s people have denied this. Not because they don’t want it — they may actually be asking for it — but because there is no percentage in having a perception that Hamilton is asking for the moon out there. At least until he’s in serious negotiations with someone.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona