Mitt Romney’s son was briefly a Dodgers executive “who was just in way over his head”

Nov 5, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT

U.S. Republican presidential candidate and former Massachusetts Governor Romney and his wife Ann wait for the start of the final U.S. presidential debate beside their son Tagg in Boca Raton, Florida Reuters

Back in 2005, when they were owned by the McCourts, the Dodgers needed a new chief marketing officer and decided to hire then-Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney’s oldest son, Tagg Romney.

Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times writes that Tagg Romney “was woefully unqualified to be a baseball team’s marketing executive” and “his one claim to previous sports marketing was at Reebok, where he was something called vice president for on-field marketing … his primary responsibility was to watch NFL and NBA games, counting how many times Reebok was mentioned or its logo caught on camera.”

Around a year later he left the job to join his father’s first presidential campaign and Dodgers sources told Dilbeck that Romney was a “very nice guy who was just in way over his head” and a “vacuous-eyed, transparent political appointment.”

Romney still has his own “executives” page on the Dodgers’ team website, the top of which looks like this:

source:

186 Comments (Feed for Comments)
  1. skids003 - Nov 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Sounds like his father’s opponant.

• cosanostra71 - Nov 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Sounds like both of the candidates. So excited for all this negative BS to be over with tomorrow.

• shynessismyelguapo - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Sounds you were way over your head with your attempts to spell “opponent”.

• badintent - Nov 5, 2012 at 3:23 PM

The Spelliling(sp.)/Grammer Police strike again, make the Internet safe for cyber hackers and video game freaks.Thank God !

• koufaxmitzvah - Nov 5, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Yer ryte, Baddie. When I want someone to tell me the troof, I make sher their independant enuff to spell werds as they aught too beee spellllled.

• Marty - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:26 PM

They should have hired a community organizer.

• vallewho - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:27 PM

educational system reform.

• skids003 - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM

shyness, work on your grammar, then correct others.

• cur68 - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:31 PM

That’s hilarious, skids(insertnumberhere). YOU started with the hapless jab at your president being incompetent, got corrected for being incompetent yourself, and now have the BALLS to fire that off at someone. Man. How do you walk around with nards that size? Oh I know: you do it by putting on blinders and disconnecting yourself from reality. Carry on. You amuse the hell out of me.

• skids003 - Nov 6, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Missing one letter doesn’t make me incompetant. Being stupid does qualify you as an idiot. So go disconnect back into your reality, but please keep it away from me.

• hojo20 - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM

One more day until Hussein’s lame duck period.

• vallewho - Nov 5, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Given that his middle name is Hussein, is there anything that the POTUS can do to make you…well forget it. It just dawned on my that for certain people, it must be pretty tough to get up every morning knowing that the the president’s middle name is Hussein. Oh what world we live in…

• cur68 - Nov 8, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I do believe that’s President Hussein to you. Your 43 & 44th President Hussein.

• hojo20 - Nov 8, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Yeah, I was WAY off on that prediction!

• hojo20 - Nov 5, 2012 at 6:47 PM

27 hours until the polls close on The Food Stamp Prez’ era.

• denverdude7 - Nov 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM

and open on the voucher caused senior citizen death, rampant corruption & broke middle class Romney era.

• vallewho - Nov 5, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I think you’re in for a major disappointment. Not the election result, because I believe Mr. Romney can really win, but that the changes that are being promised will really come to fruition. It’s not like someone is holding the switch to “change”. But perhaps that’s not your real issue/concern.

2. redsoxsabres94 - Nov 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I’m sorry, but, why is this newsworthy?

• cosanostra71 - Nov 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

yes, I was going to say this too. Don’t mistake me for a Romney supporter (couldn’t be further from that) but I feel like this is a transparent attempt at piling on the guy.

• azvikefan - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Because that’s what the liberal media does to anyone that is conservative. Pile on, make shit up,etc.

• drewsylvania - Nov 5, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Both dominant parties pull this BS.

• cosanostra71 - Nov 5, 2012 at 2:41 PM

yep, that’s why I vote third party!

• bsbiz - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Because it’s the offseason and the only other thing to talk about is Josh Hamilton’s contract requests…

• kiwicricket - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:32 AM

If your name is ‘Tagg’ or something equally as stupid, you still have a shot at a token cushy job with a MLB team.

• mrfloydpink - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM

And yet you clicked on story AND read it AND left a comment.

• cosanostra71 - Nov 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM

How do you know I read it? Maybe I clicked on it purely to leave a comment saying this seems like a lame story. (which is what I did)

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:56 AM

It’s a nice reminder that front offices in baseball are not meritocracies.

• indaburg - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Sadly, front offices hardly anywhere are meritocracies. Connections, baby, connections.

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Also, penis.

• paperlions - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

…which doesn’t make them much different from the heads/boards of most corporations. Money/name > merit/ability

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Holy crap, Paper, we agree on something.

• sabatimus - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Why are you sorry? I wouldn’t be.

• badintent - Nov 5, 2012 at 3:26 PM

@cosanostra71
      Is Rafe Nader running again ? Gotta love him, he screwed Al Gore in Florida.Never mess with a guy that had the Massive stones to write a book condemning GM on a crap car.LOL

• bigharold - Nov 5, 2012 at 9:32 PM

The truth is he condemned the entire auto industry for their lack of safety, .. not just GM. And, his particular criticism of the Covair was BS, .. he didn’t know what he was talking about.

But, .. had he not run in 2000 Gore likely takes Florida and GW Bush doesn’t become President which means no Iraq war and Bin Laden is likely dead 5 years sooner so Ralphie Boy has that going for him.

• sandrafluke2012 - Nov 6, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Throwing out things just to bash Romney. Like his bullying a kid when he was in high school. More important than Obama helping Benghazi

3. willclarkgameface - Nov 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Must be nice to have a multimillionaire father that can put the net out for you when you suck at your job for which you are supposed to have talent.

• zerohandicapper - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I love how people throw the “multimillionaire father” out there. I guess that anyone who has a wealthy father is not worthy huh? I guess anyone with money is not worthy for that matter. However given the chance I know you would gargle Will Clarks nutsack. You wont hate his nutsack, but you will hate his kids?

• yankeesgameday - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Since you are having a hard time understanding his statement I will translate for you:
        Willclarkgameface, “Gee, my family never had much money when I grew up so I had to make 100% certain that I was as qualified as possible for every job I ever had to make sure that I never got fired. Because if I did get fired I might have a hard time finding a new job and could lose my house. But it seems that the son of the man who might be our next president was given a cushy job based on his father’s political connections that he wasn’t qualified to do. I feel that this is inherently unfair and plays into social stereotypes that the rich and powerful don’t have to worry about losing a job they took from a more deserving candidate because they will never know what it is like to feel the pressure of losing their only source of income. I am understandably a little upset at this situation, but understand it is a fact of life, not just in America, but around the world. I suppose if one were to pause a moment and reflect that it must really be nice to have a multi-millionaire father that I know would take care if me if I ever lost my job.”

• koufaxmitzvah - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I might not feel so sorry for the children of multimillionaires if they weren’t exempt from paying an estate tax rate that not only will force these children of multimillionaires to actually do something with their lives, but could actually make a dent in the deficit that the multimillionaire father’s seem to run their campaigns based on.

• sabatimus - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Hey yankees: willclarkgameface never said any of what you just posted. That’s an interpretation.

• indaburg - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Thank you, yankeesgameday. Your explanation was most helpful.

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM

@yankeesgameday

I only regret, that I have but two thumbs up I can give that comment.

God bless ‘murica

• Marty - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM

All of Jesse Jackson’s children became executives and elected officials for no other reason than cronyism ( a bit of extortion too). Ditto for the Kennedy’s. To insinuate this isn’t something you’ve enabled before is dishonest.

• sandrafluke2012 - Nov 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Ahh. Yankee fans complaining about built-in advantages.

4. crispybasil - Nov 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM

“Frank McCourt is a person, my friend.”

5. js20011041 - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM

If my name was Tagg, I’d have to kick my own ass.

• kkolchak - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I had to love it when little Tagg said he wanted to punch Obama. Love the pres or hate him, you have to admit that he’d wipe the floor with the little snot nose.

• badintent - Nov 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM

How about Chip or Chap or Buffy or Wiggy ?

• js20011041 - Nov 5, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

For further info, reference:

• vallewho - Nov 5, 2012 at 5:59 PM

His father’s name is Mitt, so Tagg did not seem too off-base to me, but his name is actually Taggart.

• indaburg - Nov 5, 2012 at 7:15 PM

His father’s name is actually Willard.

• vallewho - Nov 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I know. nobody else seems to know. same with Tagg.

6. Charles Gates - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM

The rich need tax breaks because did you see Tagg Romney’s tie?

7. yahmule - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

This is the little Johnny Badass who was popping off about punching the President during the second debate. Kind of nice for him that he’ll never have to live a single day in the real world.

8. cur68 - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I understand the season finale of your political process is tomorrow. Cliffhanger City, eh? I have to say I really enjoy these things. You get to see all sorts of cartoon-like characters. Americans are unjustly maligned in some parts of the world, if you as me. The French especially. They got no call to be dissing any American. If the French paid more attention to the wonderful reality series known as a Presidential Election, they”d lighten the eff up. They idolize Jerry Lewis and David Hasselhoff for Dog’s sake (of course the Hoff’s bigger in Germany. . . a fact that always raises my eyebrows). How they could fail to embrace Americans for their wonderful work in Mitt and now this “Tagg” Romney is beyond me. The world at large needs to lighten up, IMO. Send forth “Tagg” to do Dog’s Work, I say. Send him forth and know a popularity abroad like you’ve never known. And Thank You Lord he’s no longer part of the Dodgers (Lord was the Labrador Retriever that lived 2 houses from my parents. His real name was “Cornwall” but he would get into the rubbish and you could hear the neighbor shouting “Lord! What have you DONE!”). The poor Dodgers. They’ve suffered enough. Was their even one move that McCourt made that helped that team?

• kiwicricket - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM

The French have an unhealthy obsession with Johnny Hallyday. Still.
      Ze Germans are waning on Hasselhoff, although his Christmas compilation still shifts a few units.

Don’t ask me how I know this.

• stex52 - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Well, actually, I was rather curious as to how you knew that. Certainly not on my radar screen.

• kiwicricket - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Spent 2yrs in Provence. The man is on bill boards wearing leather jackets, hocking ‘cool’ sunglasses.
        Highest grossing entertainer year in, year out. After nearly five decades of appalling rock n’ roll!

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM

It’s cute that you think this ends tomorrow. Trust me, there will be a denouement of clothes-rending and teeth-gnashing after, I assure you. There must be closure to the narrative before we move on to the apocalypse/shining future to follow, don’t you know. I mean, it’s not like we can start the next story overnight. We need time to outline and work up talking points.

• koufaxmitzvah - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM

That’s right, Cur. If you think the election is over when a winner is declared, I do declare you are about a decade-and-a-half behind the curve. And this year is just so much more than 2000, when the ballots were finagled and college kids from Wisconsin were told to storm the courthouse in Tallahassee. Add-in the Superstorm Sandy as well as the end of the Mayan calendar in 6 weeks and we’re gonna have a real bona fide production that will be a shame to end too soon.

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Don’t forget the racism!

• Marty - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Sharpen those race baiting skills.

• cur68 - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM

You mean there’s MORE? More hyperbole? More Truth Bending, Fact-Ignoring, Coat Turning, and Speechifying? You mean to tell me we are at Mid-Season Cliffhanger rather than End of Season Cliffhanger: Tune-In-Next-Season-To-Se-What-Happens? Well Lord Love A Duck (and Lord did love ducks. He was a champion bird dog & retriever when not ensconced in a pile of refuse). When do your political people find time to run the country? I understand that there’s a considerable mess to be cleaned up from the Big Storm. In fact, from a casual peruse of the intertubes its a huge problem. Katrina wreaked so much, I don’t know how that state will recover. Also I see there’s been some trouble in New York and Surrounding States this last little while.

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Oh, Cur, you don’t even know us. You think we won’t go MORE??? Gridlock is the new normal and Back In The Day We All Worked Together is the prevailing narrative. Hello.

• indaburg - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

“When do your political people find time to run the country?”

You Canadians are sooooo cute.

9. unlost1 - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:25 AM

that’s why they didn’t make the playoffs!

10. kiwicricket - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:41 AM

So Jamie really was plotting to become President?

11. thefacts121 - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM

The entire reporting section of the article is two anoymous quotes totaling 16 words. This paragraph is as objectively terrible as anything produced by major journalism:

“But back at the end of 2005, the McCourts had an opening in their front office. This is like saying they spent a little money on their hairstyles.”

So you’re saying there was an opening? Thanks for clarifying that in such a succinct and non-contrived way.

If this article were written about any other topic, I have to believe HBT would make fun of its thinly sourced and terribly written nature. Just because the criticism happens to be (extremely indirectly) of the candidate you don’t support, please don’t lose all sense of perspective and treat this garbage as legitimate journalism.

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Welcome to the off-season.

• cur68 - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:07 PM

thefacts: this isn’t “journalism”. This is “blogging”. This is a blog. On this blog you will find news, opinion and us, the commenters. We the Statler & Waldorf to Calcaterra’s Fozzie Bear. Fozzie is under no duress to produce actual news though he does do so. He is has no onus to fact check, be accurate, or fail to muckrake but he’s largely above just screwing around. In the off season, you get this kind of thing: a story about someone like “Tagg” and a baseball team. After the Jay Bhuner Shampoo Shenanigans this here be positively tame. If you can loosen up a bit, we can all have a bit of fun till pitchers and catchers report. Aint nothing else to so in the off season, so might as well have a laugh.

• thefacts121 - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Sorry if my original post was ambiguous, but I thought the shoddy journalism was done by the LAT, which appears to have really under-reported whatever story may exist here. (For instance, the article does not indicate any effort was made to get in touch with the subject of the piece.)

I do think that HBT deserves some criticism here though as well for just essentially passing along a poorly reported/written piece without further comment (which I don’t think they normally do, hence my readership of the blog), but the journalism critique was of the LA Times.

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Did you just fact-check thefacts?

• tom1954 - Nov 5, 2012 at 8:59 PM

What’s wrong with you, thefacts? Don’t you know that in an election year no one wants to hear the truth? Geez, are you even an American?

12. jlinatl - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:56 AM

And this was discovered just before the election. Wow. What a coincidence.

13. raidernation7589 - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM

14. Old Gator - Nov 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM

If you think the kid was in over his head, wait till you see his dad on January 21.

• sophiethegreatdane - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I think you’re forgetting the potential impact of his magic underwear.

• indaburg - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM

His dad will be in over his head on his vacation to Utah on January 21st?

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Nice. I was going to post something about struggling with retirement/a life of leisure, but you beat me to it! I bet Ann will help him out though.

• indaburg - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Well, come to think of it, Romney does get easily flustered on vacation, you know, like placing his dog on top of the car rather than the luggage like most people with any sense of decency or humanity would do.

15. koufaxmitzvah - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:13 PM

It must be hard for people to realize that the wealthy folks who decide they can run this country better than anyone else are, themselves, lazy fools with little integrity, who can’t even raise children who can do a job well even when they are appointed to their positions.

The McCourts turned $400 million in $2.4 billion by practically destroying a franchise. They cleaned house, cut the value of the product on the field, and in return, bought 7 mansions and paid for $50,000 a year in haircuts and manicures. In baseball parlance, tthese are the people in America who support Mitt Romney. Not necessarily the baseball fans or the baseball players, but the owners who multiply their income through sheer greed and larger-than-life living.

These people are the ones who suck.

• Charles Gates - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I don’t think anyone is saying that just because you’re rich you’re qualified to run the country, not anyone worth listening to anyway.

16. raider2124 - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Tagg was 100% more qualified the obummer. Obummer was not qualified to operate a cash register at mcdonalds.

• Charles Gates - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I know law degrees aren’t worth as much as they used to be, but wow, I had no idea they’ve fallen so far.

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Looking forward to President Obama’s retirement as an HBT contributor.

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM

The irony of your poorly written, grammatically incorrect comment is magnificent.

• indaburg - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Don’t be such an elitist, ‘philliac.

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

That’s me: the Okie elite.

• cur68 - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Don’t listen to her, ‘philliac! BE an elitist. Beats the shit out being a bumbling rube that’ll believe what the dork in the flash suit, with the fancy haircut and daddy’s money tells you. Anyhow, ‘burg’s an elitist, too. You should hear her on the topic of American healthcare. Who knew there was so many ways to say “this is fucked”?

• indaburg - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Moi? Elitist? (Shush, cur… don’t be telling people my deep dark personal secrets. If word gets out what I want to do to the US healthcare system, I’ll get branded a commie.)

17. raider2124 - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Yankeesgamedat. Sort of like moistens getting a 400k no show job at a hospital after her idiot husband became a senator. Then receiving a 100 million dollar grant for said hospital. Wake up loser. Is it more fair that 100 million of tax payer money was wasted because of political connections. Or a kid get a job with a fancy title

• drewsylvania - Nov 5, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Congrats on passing your test. Welcome to the Fellowship of the Ignorant.

• yankeesgameday - Nov 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I have literally no idea what you just said, but I think it was drooled in my general direction.

• cur68 - Nov 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I don’t understand. Why is a hospital getting a $100 Million grant bad? Sounds like a good thing.

18. royalsfaninfargo - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I bet he can throw a baseball better than Pres. Obama.

19. bigleagues - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Pro Sports Marketing is one of those things that everyone with a degree in marketing thinks must be a cakewalk, until they try and get a foot in the door. That’s when they find out that almost no one gets into a MLB office without having cut their teeth at the Minor League level. And I can tell you from experience, there is NOTHING easy about being the accountable person for marketing a MiLB team – especially if you’re in a market that’s underperforming.

That someone (McCourt) thought Tagg could just waltz in with a Harvard business degree and understand the nuances and practices that are needed to be successful shows gross ineptitude. Worse, that Tagg didn’t know enough to hire someone that did know what he was doing to help guide him through the process is comical.

• sophiethegreatdane - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:42 PM

You just throw some Spider Man logos on the bases, and the rest sorts itself out, right?

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:49 PM

It’s all about the bobbleheads.

• bigleagues - Nov 6, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Historiophiliac is right. Bobbleheads, bobbleheads, bobbleheads.

Actually, in all seriousness, it’s pocket schedules, pocket schedules, pocket schedules. (a bit of old school baseball marketing humor there).

For reals, it’s simple – yet complex. As a pro sports marketing exec it’s your job to make sure there is a robust sponsorship income. In order to increase sponsorship dollars, you need to fill the stadium each night with as many butts as possible. Teams with bad attendance have bad in stadium sponsorship revenues. At the MiLB level, revenue from everything else (TV, Radio, Website, etc . . .) is gravy.

So everything starts with selling tickets – individual, season, groups, birthdays, picnics . . . whatever it takes. If you can’t find a way to identify with and induce your community to attend games, you can’t increase sponsorships. If you can’t increase sponsorships, you have failed.

So bobbleheads are a means to an end, but they are just one mechanism in a complex system to drive ticket sales toward increases sponsorship.

20. elmo - Nov 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM

The sad thing is, that time with the Dodgers probably was “the real world” for Tagg.

21. greymares - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM

just think tomorrow Obama will still be president and the Romney’s both Mitt and Tag will be an afterthought.

22. winkeroni - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I wonder if that job at Reebok is still available. I’m pretty good at counting.

23. azpackerbacker - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:37 PM

“Seriously, you have your tongue so far up Obama’s ass you have to run this nonsense, pathetic”

-This is NBC. Does that really surprise you??

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Nov 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Honest question that I’d love to hear a legitimate answer to. Can anyone who is voting for Romney actually give a positive* reason for voting for him?

*I mean positive in that Romney will do X which I think is good. Not, I’m against Obama for doing Y; therefore, I’m voting Romney.

• aceshigh11 - Nov 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM

He’s white.

QED.

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Nov 5, 2012 at 2:58 PM

O rly

• bronxbomber213 - Nov 5, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Romney will….not kill babies for one!!! ohh and not leave Americans (who were being watched in real time via sat) in Benghazi who are calling for backup on the anniversary of 9/11 (while he went to bed to prepare for letterman the next day) after the ambassador who had been asking for help for weeks before that had been sodomized and killed…then proceeds to blame a you tube video with 15 hits…pretty sure Romney wouldn’t do THAT church…can u really defend that whole situation?!

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 5:11 PM

What I love about politics is that people have suddenly become experts on embassy security in Benghazi (which they probably could not find on a map prior to a couple of months ago) — much like every four years they become experts on deductions for missteps in floor gymnastics or dropping one’s foot on a double axel in skating.

• indaburg - Nov 5, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Bronxbomber, honey, baby, what the hell did you just say?

Copo, awesome video. Chris Rock for President.

• bronxbomber213 - Nov 5, 2012 at 5:22 PM

no histor I’m not an expert on that stuff just what was reported outside of MessNBC and CNN look up everything I said its all true the dude went to bed while Americans were killed they put the freakin emails out for the public to read for Gods sake…they left them to die!! period

indaburg…umm what I said is FACT look it up for yourself don’t just go by CNN or straw head Chris Matthews, or that other DUDE Maddow…like I said they left them to die and then blamed a video on you tube like cowards..see for urself man

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Since you’re so sensitive to the loss of American life, bomber, I can’t wait to finish this conversation next April 19th.

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Nov 5, 2012 at 6:37 PM

what a sec, bronxbomber213, you are serious with that response? I thought it was a well played troll…

• indaburg - Nov 5, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Bronx, it sounds to me like you’ve been well indoctrinated by Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the funky bunch. You have been grossly misinformed, but I doubt I would have any luck convincing you otherwise. I get my news from many sources, some not even in this country, since they tend to be a little more impartial than our news.

As for Romney “not killing babies”, which Romney? The pro-choice governor of Massachusetts who was a staunch defender of abortion rights because of the death of his aunt from a botched abortion? Or the Romney who is now anti-abortion because it was political convenient to tow the party line? Or the one who recently said he would not make abortion part of his legislative agenda? I can’t keep track, so please help me.

• APBA Guy - Nov 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Bronx Brainless-

Amazing ignorance on your part, truly breathtaking, considering:

The CIA has completely repudiated the entirety of the Faux News reporting on Benghazi, has done so officially and unequivocally.

Under your favorite Geo W Bush, 6 US embassies were attacked with loss of life. There were no calls for investigations on Faux News, and morons like you were entirely silent on the subject.

Repeating what you hear on Faux News is not a substitute for actually knowing something. It is the equivalent of a parrot saying “pretty bird” over and over.

And after tomorrow, your leader Rush Limbaugh will tell you that there was a conspiracy that led to Obama stealing the election, and you can repeat that word for word and show us again how deep a thinker you are.

24. paperlions - Nov 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I feel like it should be pointed out that any of Obama’s kids (he has kids, right?) would be equally inept as a baseball marketing executive….that’s only fair…and balanced…or something.

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM

They’re girls. No one’s giving them a job in a baseball front office.

(Also, they aren’t adults yet.)

• clydeserra - Nov 5, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I totally agree. TO be fair, they are pre teens, though.

• paperlions - Nov 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM

That’s no excuse. I’m tired of these coddled rich kids! (That might sound like I’m joking….I’m really not….sort of.)

25. marcinhouston - Nov 5, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Three words: Secretary of Commerce

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Three letters: O.M.G.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (2790)