Nov 5, 2012, 5:03 PM EST
With Bob Brenly gone to Arizona, the Cubs need a new color guy for their broadcasts. We heard recently that Dan Plesac is a candidate. CSNChicago.com’s Patrick Mooney hears that four others are in the running:
With interviews scheduled to begin this week, sources have identified five contenders for the job: Dan Plesac; Rick Sutcliffe; Eric Karros; Todd Hollandsworth; and Gary Matthews.
According to Mooney, Sutcliffe is a long shot, so thank your lucky stars, Cubs fans.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)