The BBWAA award finalists will be announced on MLB Network on Wednesday

Nov 5, 2012, 12:30 PM EST

Buster Posey AP AP

I can’t think of a major award except maybe AL Cy Young which the top two or at best three candidates aren’t already known, but I just got this press release from MLB, regarding an announcement of finalists this Wednesday:

Prior to BBWAA Awards Week, for the first time ever, the five finalists in each league for the MVP Award and the three AL and NL finalists for the Cy Young, Manager of the Year and Jackie Robinson Rookie of the Year awards will be announced live during MLB Network’s BBWAA Awards Finalists Show this Wednesday, November 7 at 6:00 p.m. ET.

The actual awards will be handed out from Monday, November 12 to Thursday, November 15. Those announcements will be televised live on MLB Network at 6PM. A couple of hours later, you should note, than the awards are usually announced. Good move putting them a bit later in my view.

1. willclarkgameface - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM

It’s about damn time. That damn station has been on vacation since the end of the World Series and I am getting the shakes. Let’s see some NEW programming already guys.

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM

This has to be a new favorite image of mine. Seeing someone like Chris Rock in New Jack City, having fits going “come on man, I need it. Just one award man, just one award!”.

2. hansob - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM

So wait… Are we just getting the top 5 vote-getters for MVP/Cy Young ahead of actually announcing it? I don’t know how else they’d determine the five finalists on an award that’s already been voted on.

• historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

It’s a tease.

3. historiophiliac - Nov 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM

The Decisions

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5164)