Nov 6, 2012, 7:43 PM EST
Hey, look — news that isn’t election-related!
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Diamondbacks have signed right-hander Eddie Bonine to a minor league contract. The deal will pay him a $500,000 salary if he cracks the MLB roster.
Bonine posted a 4.63 ERA in 68 innings (one start, 46 relief appearances) in 2010 with the Tigers, then failed to reach the big league level in 2011 and later needed Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
The 31-year-old should be at full health when spring training gets underway next February.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)