Nov 6, 2012, 7:43 PM EDT
Hey, look — news that isn’t election-related!
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Diamondbacks have signed right-hander Eddie Bonine to a minor league contract. The deal will pay him a $500,000 salary if he cracks the MLB roster.
Bonine posted a 4.63 ERA in 68 innings (one start, 46 relief appearances) in 2010 with the Tigers, then failed to reach the big league level in 2011 and later needed Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
The 31-year-old should be at full health when spring training gets underway next February.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 1
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 15
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 44
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)