Nov 6, 2012, 7:43 PM EST
Hey, look — news that isn’t election-related!
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Diamondbacks have signed right-hander Eddie Bonine to a minor league contract. The deal will pay him a $500,000 salary if he cracks the MLB roster.
Bonine posted a 4.63 ERA in 68 innings (one start, 46 relief appearances) in 2010 with the Tigers, then failed to reach the big league level in 2011 and later needed Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
The 31-year-old should be at full health when spring training gets underway next February.
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a deal with Hanley Ramirez 0
- MLB Players React to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 9
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)