Nov 6, 2012, 7:43 PM EDT
Hey, look — news that isn’t election-related!
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Diamondbacks have signed right-hander Eddie Bonine to a minor league contract. The deal will pay him a $500,000 salary if he cracks the MLB roster.
Bonine posted a 4.63 ERA in 68 innings (one start, 46 relief appearances) in 2010 with the Tigers, then failed to reach the big league level in 2011 and later needed Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
The 31-year-old should be at full health when spring training gets underway next February.
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 6
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 85
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 97
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (97)