Nov 6, 2012, 7:43 PM EDT
Hey, look — news that isn’t election-related!
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Diamondbacks have signed right-hander Eddie Bonine to a minor league contract. The deal will pay him a $500,000 salary if he cracks the MLB roster.
Bonine posted a 4.63 ERA in 68 innings (one start, 46 relief appearances) in 2010 with the Tigers, then failed to reach the big league level in 2011 and later needed Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
The 31-year-old should be at full health when spring training gets underway next February.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (74)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)
- Barry Bonds is back in uniform (68)