Nov 6, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
A potential reunion between the Dodgers and Hiroki Kuroda is one thing, but Jayson Stark of ESPN.com reports that Zack Greinke and Anibal Sanchez are also “on their list” as Los Angeles looks to add starting pitching.
Los Angeles’ payroll is already around $200 million, so making a serious run at Greinke or even Sanchez would more or less say the Dodgers can spend whatever they want at this point.
I’m not sure how Greinke and Sanchez fit into that equation, but given the Dodgers’ recent moves it’s tough to write it off. Which is something we’re probably going to be saying about a lot of Dodgers rumors all offseason.
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 6
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 32
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 47
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (101)