Nov 6, 2012, 5:02 PM EST
The first really public strife involving Bobby Valentine and the Sox last year came when Dustin Pedroia called him out in the media for making disparaging comments about Kevin Youkilis (“that’s not how we go about our stuff here”). In light of that — and in light of other rumored issues between Pedroia and Valentine — you’d think that maybe Pedroia would pile on Valentine now like David Ortiz did yesterday.
“I had a meeting with him after I made those comments,” Pedroia said. “We had a team meeting and I went in there and talked to him and kind of expressed how I felt. He expressed things about me, and we were great, man … After they made the decision to fire him, I texted Bobby and told him thank you for the year and sorry that we didn’t accomplish our goals, but I just wanted to tell him I appreciated the things he said to me to make me a better player.”
Gosh, way to spoil a storyline, Pedroia. Quick: get another Red Sox player on the line. We need more “Bobby be CRAZY” talk.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 118
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 260
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (118)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)