Nov 6, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
The first really public strife involving Bobby Valentine and the Sox last year came when Dustin Pedroia called him out in the media for making disparaging comments about Kevin Youkilis (“that’s not how we go about our stuff here”). In light of that — and in light of other rumored issues between Pedroia and Valentine — you’d think that maybe Pedroia would pile on Valentine now like David Ortiz did yesterday.
“I had a meeting with him after I made those comments,” Pedroia said. “We had a team meeting and I went in there and talked to him and kind of expressed how I felt. He expressed things about me, and we were great, man … After they made the decision to fire him, I texted Bobby and told him thank you for the year and sorry that we didn’t accomplish our goals, but I just wanted to tell him I appreciated the things he said to me to make me a better player.”
Gosh, way to spoil a storyline, Pedroia. Quick: get another Red Sox player on the line. We need more “Bobby be CRAZY” talk.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona