Nov 6, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Johnny Damon has a new team.
Next week when Thailand attempts to qualify for the World Baseball Classic they’ll have Damon on the roster. Damon, whose mother is Thai, began working out with the team this week and according to The Nation he’ll be involved in team-related charities as well.
Thailand is in Group 4 of the WBC qualifying tournament, matched up against Taiwan, the Philippines, and New Zealand.
Damon, who turned 39 years old yesterday, hit .222 with a .610 OPS in 64 games for the Indians this season before being released on August 9.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 31
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 41
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 45
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 19
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)