Nov 6, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Johnny Damon has a new team.
Next week when Thailand attempts to qualify for the World Baseball Classic they’ll have Damon on the roster. Damon, whose mother is Thai, began working out with the team this week and according to The Nation he’ll be involved in team-related charities as well.
Thailand is in Group 4 of the WBC qualifying tournament, matched up against Taiwan, the Philippines, and New Zealand.
Damon, who turned 39 years old yesterday, hit .222 with a .610 OPS in 64 games for the Indians this season before being released on August 9.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 4
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 9
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Blue Jays-Yankees finale scrubbed by rain