Nov 6, 2012, 2:14 PM EST
Johnny Damon has a new team.
Next week when Thailand attempts to qualify for the World Baseball Classic they’ll have Damon on the roster. Damon, whose mother is Thai, began working out with the team this week and according to The Nation he’ll be involved in team-related charities as well.
Thailand is in Group 4 of the WBC qualifying tournament, matched up against Taiwan, the Philippines, and New Zealand.
Damon, who turned 39 years old yesterday, hit .222 with a .610 OPS in 64 games for the Indians this season before being released on August 9.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 129
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 244
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (254)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)