Nov 6, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
Matt Eddy of Baseball America put together a comprehensive list of 549 players who became minor league free agents and, as you might expect, there are a whole bunch of interesting, blast-from-the-past names.
I recommend reading through the entire list, which is separated by team and good for all sorts of amusement, but here some of my favorites:
If you had the players listed above and took a time machine back to like 2005 … well, you wouldn’t actually have a good team, but you could definitely trade them for the players needed to have a great team.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)