Nov 6, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Matt Eddy of Baseball America put together a comprehensive list of 549 players who became minor league free agents and, as you might expect, there are a whole bunch of interesting, blast-from-the-past names.
I recommend reading through the entire list, which is separated by team and good for all sorts of amusement, but here some of my favorites:
If you had the players listed above and took a time machine back to like 2005 … well, you wouldn’t actually have a good team, but you could definitely trade them for the players needed to have a great team.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 15
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 36
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 63
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims